Thread: No audio on joined video files?

Default No audio on joined video files?

Hello! I've been a long time user of Applian products. Just recently had a need to join a bunch of 1 minute long MP4 video files into one file. My security camera records 1 minute clips and I needed to join a bunch of them into a seamless video file with no encoding and thought this would be perfect.I used the joiner option. I was able to do this and joined 60 one minute files into an hour long video file that worked BUT there is no audio? When I import them it shows there is no audio channel in the file but there most definitely is. I tried anyway but it didn't work... video is fine but no audio. I looked for a setting but could find nothing that I was doing wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: No audio on joined video files?

Well, considering I'm the first one to post here in 5 years and there's another post from 5 years ago with an audio issue, I don't suppose there is much luck in me seeing a resolution to this. lol That's unfortunate. I really liked this suite of products and used it regularly many years ago and was considering upgrading but it looks "dead".

When you import and it doesn't show audio that is why it didn't convert audio. It sounds like it is using different codecs than other mp4 files. I have found that security cameras often do. If you would like to send two to me to test I would need them sent to our support system and I would be glad to test them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    When you import and it doesn't show audio that is why it didn't convert audio. It sounds like it is using different codecs than other mp4 files. I have found that security cameras often do. If you would like to send two to me to test I would need them sent to our support system and I would be glad to test them.
    OH wow! I'm so sorry, Cheryl! I thought I had subscription settings set to get notified of replies but I guess I didn't. I just thought I'd come back here to see if anybody replied as I was randomly thinking of this. lol!

I'm not allowed to post attachments. But, I just now submitted a support ticket with one audio file attached. It wouldn't let me upload two. Thank you!