Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest version and firefox

Default Latest version and firefox

I upgraded to the latest version of Replay Media Catcher. I have been been using it with firefox, but when I tried today for the first time after the update, firefox wouldn't load the pages because it said it couldn't determine if they were secure or something like that.

I tried it with auto turned and auto turned off.

I would open firefox and go to the website. I would open Replay Media Catcher. It would work, but when I switched to another page, I would get the white page with the error. Even if I closed and re-opened the webpage. But if I closed Replay Media Catcher and go back to the website everything would normally.

I switched to google and it worked perfectly. So I don't know what is up with firefox. The previous version of Catcher worked OK with firefox though

Default Re: Latest version and firefox

Are you using the latest version of Firefox? Did they just have an update?

I just want to stress that everything works OK with Chrome...

But...yes, I believe I have the latest version of firefox. It updates automatically. I thought maybe the flash player was out of date because Firefox was blocking it on my other PC. So I checked that, but it appears that it is up to date. Then I tried Firefox again. If I start Firefox first, it loads the page and then I start Replay Media Catcher, it will work on that page but when I try to go to a different page, then the pages won't load with Catcher running. One the page that FF loads instead said that the certificate was expired. Not sure who's certificate. Another time it warned that it was a high phishing risk. But if I close FF, I can go to all the same pages without any errors or warnings.

Firefox did send me an email that they were having a significant update in November and it would be more secure. I see they have some extension running on my PC now called Safe browsing version 4. It says that it is a temporary add-on and will be removed when the roll out of this feature is complete. It says that it was last updated on Oct. 11, 2017. But the previous version of Catcher didn't have any problems.

On the other hand, no body else seems to be having this issue because no one else has joined the conversation. So maybe it's something about my machine.

But I can always use Chrome. I like FF for some things and Chrome for others, so it's not a big deal. I use both browsers.

FYI, I am having the same issue as well. Not an issue as I just use Chrome. Think It might have something to do with my Virus protector, am using Avast.

Red face Re: Latest version and firefox

There is a quick fix for this problem. Open up RMC and go to settings. Make sure that the "Use IE Proxy Settings" option is unchecked. Look on the upper right of the page, and you will see a circle that has an arrow on it. That is the reset button. Click it, and reset the RMC program. RMC should work fine now. I am presuming you are using Windows 10. I hope this helps.

Another option is to go to settings-Internet downloads-advanced. Select HTTPS and Reinstall Firefox HTTPS monitor. The newest version of Firefox requires this in the majority of cases. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Another option is to go to settings-Internet downloads-advanced. Select HTTPS and Reinstall Firefox HTTPS monitor. The newest version of Firefox requires this in the majority of cases. Thanks.

The option that you are referring to is not under "HTTPS", but rather under the "HTTP" option. I hope that this helps.

Thanks. I did just verify that it is under HTTPS so do double check. Not a problem as long as it in done.

I've looked for these settings, but I'' be hanged if I can find them. I assume you are talking about settings in firefox. But I don't see settings, all I see is options. When I open options, Id don't find anything called internet downloads-advanced. So then I thought perhaps you meant settings for windows itself, but I didn't see anything there either.

Quote Originally Posted by kev914 View Post
    I've looked for these settings, but I'' be hanged if I can find them. I assume you are talking about settings in firefox. But I don't see settings, all I see is options. When I open options, Id don't find anything called internet downloads-advanced. So then I thought perhaps you meant settings for windows itself, but I didn't see anything there either.
    As I stated in my original post, the settings option is inside of Replay Media Catcher (RMC). I hope this helps you,