Thread: Force individual artist rather than "various artists"?

Default Force individual artist rather than "various artists"?

Hello!

Been using Replay Music off and on since at least Replay Music 4. I really like it but one thing that continues to aggravate me is how Replay Music handles songs that also show up in like "Greatest Hits of 2014" type collections. I haven't used Replay Music in quite some time (couple years maybe?) but just wanted to use it this morning and out of the last 10 songs it has captured it has named the song correctly but for artist it puts "Various Artists" because the album it is first using is compilation type album.

For example, the song "Mama" lists Various Artists with "MegaHits 2017: Die Dritte" as the album. All the others are similar.

Can we PLEASE get an option to prefer the artist's own album name over these compilation type albums? These are just standard songs too and not like one off mixes that would only show up on maybe one of these MegaHits collections.

The tagging is no good if I have to modify over half of them to add the actual artist

Thanks!

Default Re: Force individual artist rather than "various artists"?

You are able to use the override. I do if all are from one album or have the same artist. The developer does read this so perhaps in a future update. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    You are able to use the override. I do if all are from one album or have the same artist. The developer does read this so perhaps in a future update. Thanks.
    Thanks, Cheryl, but I'm not sure what you mean by "override". I'm manually typing them in now, is that what you mean by override or is there some way I can have it use the "next" match in the database?

I'm using Replay Music 7. Oh, and I also noticed that it always puts the title of the song it's recording as whatever the title is of the web page I'm viewing. Right now it shows the title of the Spotify song I'm recording as "Force individual artist rather than "various artists"? Reply to Topic" hahhaha! No biggie because when the song is over it tags it but just think that's pretty strange.

Override is one of the setting tabs in Replay Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Override is one of the setting tabs in Replay Music.
    Gotcha. But that doesn't appear to help me when I'm recording random "radio" stuff off Spotify or Pandora for example.

Since you say the developer reads these, here is something a little more specific. It seems obvious to me that the programming gives preferential treatment to selecting "Various Artists" albums over the actual artists own album. I can't image who would want it like this and for what reason because it messes up the naming and folder conventions by placing most music into the "Various Artists" folder rather than placing the song into the actual artist folder.

I'd think it wouldn't be too hard to program Replay Music to be something like IF Various Artists comes up AND a different option exists then select the different option. Basically, move Various Artists to the end of the list for selection for tagging. If it's the ONLY option that matches then, yeah, use it but don't use it unless it's the only valid match. As you can see in the image below, these are popular songs and most definitely are on an artist's album that IS in the database but Replay Music is not using that and since like half of them are "Various Artists" it sure seems to use that as a preference over the actual artist's album the song is on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9sq8rktqk...39-23.jpg?dl=0

Your input is appreciated.