Thread: Capturing the subtitle stream in addition to the video and audio streams

Default Capturing the subtitle stream in addition to the video and audio streams

I notice that in Replay Media Catcher v6 in Settings, Internet Downloads, Advanced there is a setting to turn Extractor Subtitles On or Off. The context help explains that this is embedding the subtitles on the video. Also there is a "Generate an SRT file" and a "Keep Original" setting. I have turned them all on for a stream from the BBC but I am not getting "embedded" subtitles; nor "soft" subtitles; nor an SRT file. Is it possible to capture subtitle stream?

Is there any way that the subtitles can be included as a separate stream in the optional MKV container to allow for soft subtitling (optional subtitles)? Or, if not, are there any plans to develop this feature in a future release for either a TS or MKV container?

Default Re: Capturing the subtitle stream in addition to the video and audio streams

Each stream is different as to how it works. At the present time there is not a way to do what you say. The developer does read this so you never know.

Default Re: Capturing the subtitle stream in addition to the video and audio streams

You can also try Replay Video Capture - it's a screen capture tool but it would record the sub-titles for you
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks Jeff. You are correct that I could "capture" the on screen video with subtitles but then playing back without subtitles in not an option. Currently using my Hauppauge PVR recorder or my Humax PVR I do capture a TS file which contains the subtitle stream as a separate stream to the video giving me the option to view the video with or without subtitles. It would be great to use Replay Media Capture for the films I miss recording live and be able to capture both the video and the subtitles as separate streams in one container like TS or MKV. Just a thought Both programs are excellent and I'm grateful to all the developers for their hard work. They work a treat.