Thread: problems tagging Replay Musc 6 a disaster, RM 7 not so great

Default problems tagging Replay Musc 6 a disaster, RM 7 not so great

Long time RM user, with great success using RM6, so much that so I have generally refused to deal with RM7. But lately I've seen RM6 unable to tag anything I streamed (typically from Napster, nee Rhapsody). So I have tried RM7 despite the key differences in the settings (a map of RM6 to RM7 default ones - would be useful).

I know from reading other tagging issue posts there are always noted things dealing with the music (too new, too old). Understand that, as well as the source involved. But I had to figure that a well known album by well-known performers would mitigate those issues.

So I ran a test using the Beatles Abbey Road album using default settings on each. RM6 was unable to tag any of the first 10 tracks (ZERO), as well as missing the splitting on tracks 9-17. RM 7 did marginally better getting perhaps half the tracks, though sometimes under the wrong Album or even artist (???) and got one other split right.

I've never had the trouble with bad splits that I have seen recently, but also not seen RM6 perform so badly. RM 6 is at 6.00 11-23-2013 RM 7 is at 7.0.1.54 I wish I could include screenshots here of each...Windows 10 Home

Default Re: problems tagging Replay Musc 6 a disaster, RM 7 not so great

I am still using RM6 even though I bought RM7, I can't get it to place into folders and just name the track name, it always puts the artist, I just had %T in the file name output, but I don't seem to able to do this with RM7.
    I too have noticed that RM6 is no longer tagging Cheryl???
    Thanks
    Steve

I love the concept of being able to map across the setting from an older version to the newer version, great idea.I wish I could get my folder setting to match RM6, so much so I've gone back to RM6 as I like the way I have my settings placing my MP3's with just the title %T in the file name output folder.

Version 6 is not going to tag. You are going to need to use version 7 to get tagging. Thanks.

Why is RM6 no longer tagging? Is it a way to get us to move to RM7?
    Please allow RM6 to tag again.
    Many thanks

No, that is not why. Version 7 earlier versions also do not tag. This is due to our contract expiring and needing to change who we work with for our database. Thanks.

Been using Kid3 free MP3 Tagging Software with RM6, works really well. Shame RM6 lost its tagging.
    Still my favourite Replay Music even though I have 8 because of the way I can set my folders and naming.