Thread: BBC iPlayer - can't stop RMC6 from downloading lots of small files

Default BBC iPlayer - can't stop RMC6 from downloading lots of small files

I'm using RMC 6 with Chrome on Windows 7. For the past couple of weeks my radio and TV downloads from BBC iPlayer have been accompanied by lots of small files that I can't work out how to avoid downloading.

Some are called "Replay Media Catcher 6" (0 bytes) and some have names like "56b0993bdb2a0b0002000003" (about 3KB to 8KB), and changing the "Minimum duration in seconds" value doesn't make any difference.

They crop up at random, either when actively downloading an episode or just when browsing the schedules. Sometimes I don't get any, sometimes I'm inundated with the blighters!

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution for it?

Default Re: BBC iPlayer - can't stop RMC6 from downloading lots of small files

When you have this it could be from Chrome and what runs in the background. Another item is it could be from the web page but items we don't see. To help eliminate them once you start downloading close that browser page.

Default Re: BBC iPlayer - can't stop RMC6 from downloading lots of small files

I guessed as much. Funnily enough, I've had another go at changing the duration and it seems to have stopped the influx of tiny files for now. The occasional large one still sneaks through, but it's easy to delete them.

One thing I forgot to mention before is the occasional appearance of a file that is not really audio but is named as "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song).mp3", complete with cover art of Harry Belafonte! Weird...