Thread: RMC 6 not always successfully deleting files that are too below minimum size criteria

Default RMC 6 not always successfully deleting files that are too below minimum size criteria

Environment: Windows 7, RMC 6.0.1.37 Firefox 48.0

Problem: When recording http://original.livestream.com/brevardsheriffcourt using an RMC schedule there are splash screens that change rapidly before the broadcast starts and after it ends. In other words, there is not a precise beginning and ending time that I can specify in the RMC schedule. While RMC is deleting some of the small files associated with these splash screens other files cannot be deleted by RMC 6. The unsuccessful deletions only show up in the output folder and not necessarily on the Home screen of RMC 6

So, daily, I have to go in and manually delete these small files out of the output folder.

Debugging attempt:
    I run RMC against http://original.livestream.com/brevardsheriffcourt at a time I know court is NOT being broadcasted so that only the splash screens will be shown. I ran with RMC Debug mode enabled from the Get Support tab. At this point I am going to only focus on one file that should have been deleted but was not. That file is Embed Widget 3.flv. Notice in the logs created by Debug mode that the file cannot be deleted because the file was in use. I suspect occasionally the deletion attempt by RMC 6 is in conflict with the termination of the RMC recording event against that same file.

Here are the relevant log entries:
    2016-08-13 13:03:51,127 [6] INFO c4 [(null)] - AppController: 32 : SecondsReceived of 5 is less than the min (25). Deleteing.
    2016-08-13 13:03:51,128 [6] INFO c4 [(null)] - AppController: Starting processing of 1 items from the ui Q
    2016-08-13 13:03:51,129 [6] INFO c4 [(null)] - AppController: Deleting: C:\Users\myusername\Desktop\RMC files\Embed Widget 3.flv
    2016-08-13 13:03:51,129 [6] INFO c4 [(null)] - AppController: Error deleting: C:\Users\myusername\Desktop\RMC files\Embed Widget 3.flv : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\myusername\Desktop\RMC files\Embed Widget 3.flv' because it is being used by another process.
    2016-08-13 13:03:51,130 [6] INFO c4 [(null)] - MetaDataManager: 32: Deleting
    2016-08-13 13:03:51,130 [6] INFO c4 [(null)] - DownloadManager: 32 : No current recording worker with this id

Any suggestions short of writing a nightly script to remove all files smaller than around 500 KB in the output folder?

Default Re: RMC 6 not always successfully deleting files that are too below minimum size criteria

In the settings of the program adjust the minimum duration in seconds and see if that makes a difference.

Default Re: RMC 6 not always successfully deleting files that are too below minimum size criteria

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    In the settings of the program adjust the minimum duration in seconds and see if that makes a difference.

I currently have it set at 25 seconds and you can see in the log that RMC recognizes the time is shorter than the minimum and tries to delete it: AppController: 32 : SecondsReceived of 5 is less than the min (25). Deleteing.

Quote Originally Posted by tekrplay View Post
    I currently have it set at 25 seconds and you can see in the log that RMC recognizes the time is shorter than the minimum and tries to delete it: AppController: 32 : SecondsReceived of 5 is less than the min (25). Deleteing.
    Can we move this to a reported problem or bug?

If you wish to do that you need to submit a ticket to tech support with details, etc. Also, some of what you are seeing is ads that your browser has going and other items. We would need details of your browser, and other information that you don't give via this method. Thanks.