Thread: Problem using RMC6 and BBC iPlayer

Default Problem using RMC6 and BBC iPlayer

I 'm a new user of RMC6 and having problems recording streaming media from BBC's iPlayer.

I'm located in the UK so am not using a proxy or VPN.
    The system I'm using is
    RMC6 (6.0.1.37) running on a PC running Win 7 Pro SP1 x64
    My internet connection is slowish 10Mbps ADSL.

The problem that I am having is that many of my recordings are stopping short. Occasionally I manage to get an entire programme but am failing with at least 90% of my downloads. I don't know whether this might be an RMC cache problem or RMC reacting and stopping due to silence. In both cases I don't know how to change the settings.

I'm probably missing something obvious and being a new user would welcome any advice that would allow the success rate for my recordings to improve.

Thanks
    AA

Default Re: Problem using RMC6 and BBC iPlayer

Clean out your browser cache. Go into the settings of the program. Select Internet downloads. Select Advanced-HTTP. Change the max number of segments to 1. Now, give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Clean out your browser cache. Go into the settings of the program. Select Internet downloads. Select Advanced-HTTP. Change the max number of segments to 1. Now, give it a try.
    Apologies for my delayed reply. It appears that I am still not receiving e-mails sent from this forum.

I'm uncertain as to the reason but I've had no problems with recording from the BBC iPlayer over the last few days. I had made no changes to any settings. I note however that the format of many of the files offered on the iPlayer have changed in the last few days. An option for an M4A audio file appears to have been added and most of the 832x468 options appear to have been replaced by 704x396. I wonder whether I got caught up somehow with these changes as most of the files I was trying to download were 832x468.

Is RMC6 able to download/capture streams on either ITV's ITVHub or Channel Four's All4 (formerly 4OD)? I assume I have to use RMC's DVR. Are there any hints or tricks I ashould be aware of?

AA

For DVR you might need to experiment with the browser. If one doesn't work change it to another in the settings under DVR. Personally I use the Ax Browser and Edge or Ax Browser and IE 10 for the majority of videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    For DVR you might need to experiment with the browser. If one doesn't work change it to another in the settings under DVR. Personally I use the Ax Browser and Edge or Ax Browser and IE 10 for the majority of videos.
    Thank you.

I've lots to learn and lots to play with.