Thread: Watch TCM and Replay Video Capture

Default Watch TCM and Replay Video Capture

I use WatchTCM on my computer using my cable login. I have been experimenting recording using Replay Video. I've done this in the past a few times with Warner Archive and the shows looked really good but when I do WatchTCM they are very soft images (sometimes blurry or people missing faces).

I haven't been able to determine if WatchTCM is just sending out such a low res video or if there is something I can do to improve my video capture. I was hoping someone on here could give me some advice or is there some other way of accessing TCM (via Roku or other way) and recording it.

I have a quad core pc running Windows 8. My internet runs around 10-12 mbs. In RVC I have the video bitrate set to 12,000, 29.97 fps, output to mpeg2. Since I can record from Warner Archive and the video looks so good I suspect there is nothing I can do to improve the Watch TCM recordings but I'm hoping you guys have some suggestions that might help.

TY!
    Linda

__________________________________________________ __
    https://readingvoyages.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Watch TCM and Replay Video Capture

Please use MPEG 2 as the format. Record using only 1/4 of your screen. Do a fresh boot of your computer prior to doing a recording. See if this helps.

I am using Mpeg2 and 1/4 of the screen (actually less). I reboot every day.

Try and use windows media format and see if you like it. Sometimes I do prefer it. Other than that I'm out of ideas for you with this.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderlong88 View Post
    I am using Mpeg2 and 1/4 of the screen (actually less). I reboot every day.
    I have the same issue, the screen looks good contrast and quite clear, but the captured video is a little blurry....use toon video site