Thread: File naming issue

Default File naming issue

I have a really frustrating issue with RMC's file naming. I belong to a video site, which I have to log in to in order to view videos. Once I am in the site, I have access to all the videos. RMC is able to capture the video streams, but seems unable to name them correctly. I don't understand why, as it is clearly able to see the file names correctly. When I click on a video to start it in my web browser, the correct file name appears initially in the RMC main window, but it is immediately changed to the format "Sitename Login.mp4". The next file will be named "Sitename Login 2.mp4", etc, etc. This makes identifying files extremely difficult, as I either have to rename them immediately after capturing them, which is often impossible as I set things up to capture while I am away from the computer, or try to work out what they are by playing each file individually.

If RMC is able to see the correct file names to start with, why is it unable to name them correctly?
    I am using RMC 6.0.1.9, with Windows 7 64 Home Premium

Default Re: File naming issue

Each stream is a little different. Our programs uses what is "behind the scenes" to name them. Often that is why you would have a specific issue with a name of a file. Other sites it names them correctly without an issue due to how they are handled in the background.

I am having the exact same naming issue as skypilotpete. When a video download file is in Queue status, the file name is correct, but at some point in the download process the name is changed to a generic name like '240P_400K_66681061-mp4 3.mp4'. Is there any settings which can help prevent this.

I've had this problem in ever version I have used.

Also, no disrespect, but Cheryl, your answer to skypilotpete's question is far from clear or complete. You offer no explanation to his question as to why the name is initially correct and then changed, as is happening in my case.

Please take some time to research this issue and offer a more detailed and technical explanation or even better yet, a patch or fix or settings solution.

I love the program but a fix for this would make if far better.

Long time user,
    zeos

I have had this annoying problem in the past but in the last version I used, RMC kept the original name. I'm not sure but it must of been something I did in the settings that corrected this problem.
    Now that I've upgraded to 6.o.1.27 the naming issue has returned. I wish I remembered what I did.
    However, for the users above there is a way to find the original name by right clicking on the video in RMC/Home then Properties/Progress Log. A few lines down in Destination is the title. Doing this manually is a hassle. My question to Cheryl is why can't the title be copy and pasted? Any help with this?