Thread: How to tell file size?

Default How to tell file size?

Hello!

In RMC5 I could see the file size of what I wanted to download before I downloaded it. This was very handy as it was a good indicator of the quality of the video. However, I can't find this info in RMC6? There is nothing in what is provided that allows a person to make an informed decision on where to download from. Just as an example, for season 5 episode 9, The Dance of Dragons, from the Game of Thrones, there are 9 different versions of the same thing to download. How can I tell what is the smallest filesize? What is the largest filesize? Am I just missing something? If this excellent info has been removed from RMC6, can I please make a recommendation that it be added back in... it was very good info!

Thanks!

Default Re: How to tell file size?

It depends on the information that the stream provides. When there are several different options I normally select flv if I want a small file and also pick files with the smaller dimensions for the smaller file size.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    It depends on the information that the stream provides. When there are several different options I normally select flv if I want a small file and also pick files with the smaller dimensions for the smaller file size.
    The info does come over because I can see it with RMC5 for the same thing...it just doesn't show in RMC6 from what I can tell. Here is what I see. Where here do you see the dimensions and file type? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07amh6y1eg...03-33.jpg?dl=0

Thanks. Just try what I suggested. It also will tell you the size on the bottom of the recording when you start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Thanks. Just try what I suggested. It also will tell you the size on the bottom of the recording when you start it.
    Cheryl, I would like to try what you suggest but there is no way for me to tell what type of file it is or the dimensions or the size unless I FIRST start to download it. It seems rather silly and inefficient for me to start downloading nine different files then cancel the eight I don't want.

So it's not that I don't want to try what you say but I just don't see how to do it? I've right clicked everything and looked at everything and I see nothing except the title and where it comes from. How can I see the file type, size, and dimensions without downloading it first? Thanks!

Did you understand what I was saying about not being able to see what you are saying to look at? Thanks!

Been about 12 days and no response. Does this mean it can't be done? Any hope of getting this added back in for a future update similar to how RMC5 displayed this very useful data?

We do not always respond on this as we hope others will chime in. I will pass on your request. Thanks.

I appreciate that. Thank you, Cheryl. For just finding a few episodes of missed TV, the appearance and how RMC6 does the nice breakdown of season and episode is fantastic. But, while looking very nice and polished, it falls short in useability because when showing maybe 10+ downloads options for the same episode, no info is seen initially to help determine which one you'd like. And what you might like may vary... if watching on a phone you might want a small file size, if watching on a big screen TV, one might opt for the larger higher quality file size. This was all available in RMC5 so if you could pass on those details of why it is good to have this info, it would be appreciated!