Thread: replay media catcher bogs down IE

Default replay media catcher bogs down IE

I have been using Replay media catcher for several months and it works well, except on a few feeds, which are discussed in these forums. Today, however, when I run RMC, Internet Explorer bogs down and if trying to go to NBC.com for example, eventually times out or gives me a white screen forever. When I shut down RMC and run IE, it runs as fast as ever. It only slows down when RMC is running. I haven't had this issue before. I have tried restarting computer and everything else I know, but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kstarlin View Post
    I have been using Replay media catcher for several months and it works well, except on a few feeds, which are discussed in these forums. Today, however, when I run RMC, Internet Explorer bogs down and if trying to go to NBC.com for example, eventually times out or gives me a white screen forever. When I shut down RMC and run IE, it runs as fast as ever. It only slows down when RMC is running. I haven't had this issue before. I have tried restarting computer and everything else I know, but no luck.

Ad-Muncher
    LiveMesh
    CounterSpy
    SpySweeper
    ZoneAlarm
    CA Anti-Spyware Utility

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running.
    You might also try reinstalling the program.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Same problem here. Have the latest upgrade (gopher v. 3.0.6.9), no anti-virus, have turned off the firewall, etc...

Lee

Unhappy

I'm having the same problem, but it's not just in IE.

The program work perfectly for about an hour or so, then anything http-based grinds to a halt. It doesn't matter which browser I try, no web pages will load. In fact it lags up the browsers completely. It takes forever just to open up a new blank browser window.

If i turn off recording in RMC, then everything works fine and I can browse around normally. Soon as I click 'start recording' again, however, the problem comes right back. If I want to record anything after this point, I have to close RMC completely (and cutting off anything that's currently recording) and reopen it.

Windows XP SP3
    RMC 3.01 w/ updated plugins
    Firefox 3, Opera 9.63, Google Chromium
    no firewalls, no antivirus, nothing else like that running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by flclfan View Post
    The program work perfectly for about an hour or so, then anything http-based grinds to a halt. It doesn't matter which browser I try, no web pages will load. In fact it lags up the browsers completely. It takes forever just to open up a new blank browser window.
    Same problem here with Vista.
    Uninstall/reboot/reinstall helped for a couple of hours, but then the same problem came back.

Tried with MSIE, Safari, Firefox, and Opera.

Yeah. I have had this happened to me, too. Like flclfan mentioned, If I open RMC but not turn it on to record something, the browser (IE8 Beta 2) works normally but as soon as I click on the "Record" button on RMC, browsing is impossible.

Sometimes a reboot will fix things but usually I have to wait for the next day if I want to record something while surfing at the same time.

Did anyone try to download a previous version like 2.40? I started having a ton of issues around the time I had a firefox update to 3.06 and also a windows update around Jan 9, 2009. Ended up unable to boot up my laptop and my hard drive needed replaced.

Default Try deleting temp files in IE

IE could be bogged down from all the temp files it stores. In IE, goto tools, select Internet Options, then under Browsing History, select Delete. You can delete just the temp internet files, which I recommend, or any of the other options shown. Good Luck!