Thread: Duplicate url detection

Default Duplicate url detection

Hello,

I really like Replay Media Catcher and I'm using trial right now, I would plan to buy it but there is an important missing feature.
    There is no duplicate url detection (or it doesn't work the way I would expect) look this video to understand what I mean:

Same issue occurs for other streaming sites too, I just want it to detect when a specific video url is currently downloading and not download it multiple time when it's already downloading (= do nothing if already downloading this video url page).

I'm fine to be able to download a same video url multiple time (actually useful for live streaming sites) but not at the same time.

I'm sure other people would be interested by this too.
    Thanks

Default Re: Duplicate url detection

When a file is going to record it pops up with a duplicate URL detection. You are able to select the one you want. You are also able to select a specific format in the settings under Internet. That should eliminate a lot of duplicates. Also, once it
    starts to capture close the link. Try it with using Auto on instead of what you are doing and see if that works better for you.

Hi,
    thanks for answering!

When a file is going to record it pops up with a duplicate URL detection.
    As you can see in my video it doesn't.

You are also able to select a specific format in the settings under Internet.
    I know but this doesn't help.

Also, once it starts to capture close the link
    As you can see in my video I don't open the link in browser I just drag it in Media Catcher.

Try it with using Auto on instead of what you are doing and see if that works better for you.
    Auto mode is not useful for me, in auto mode you have to actually open the link and keep it open in browser or recording stop.

Detect duplicate should be something really trivial to implement?
    Thanks again

Once a file is open and starts you are able to close it and it will still capture. Some files will not work with the URL box and you will need to use AUTO. That is why we have more than one method. Thanks.

Once a file is open and starts you are able to close it and it will still capture.
    Not for live streaming websites I use (on youtube yes).

Some files will not work with the URL box and you will need to use AUTO. That is why we have more than one method
    Yes but URL box works just fine for me except for this duplicate url issue, I hope you can talk about this or show this thread to one of your programmers.

Thanks

Hey Nami

Our programmers are on the forum constantly reading and learning. I'm sure they'll see your suggestion/tip
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.