Thread: all versions above .71 don't seem to recognize songs well on my computer

Default all versions above .71 don't seem to recognize songs well on my computer

I have recently turned in probably 3 tickets in the last month on this but am getting no response (No response has never happened before with Applian). So, I am using the forum.

I have updated and tested every version since .71 to .96 and I continue to have a problem with most of the songs not being recognized initially (Rhapsody music). Yes, if I select the songs and retag, .96 then finds the songs, but it should work the first time. This is an irritating problem and keeps me on .71. From my viewpoint, something unintentionally changed after .71. I know Cheryl couldn't seem to duplicate this but passed this information on a while ago but obviously it wasn’t fixed (at least using my computer). If I am the only one with this problem, do you have any hints as to why I am having it.

Default Re: all versions above .71 don't seem to recognize songs well on my computer

I have checked and I don't see any tickets from you and I answer all tickets from replay Music. Do you have ticket numbers for us? What link are you using to submit a ticket? What format are you recording in? It is best that you submit another ticket so we can look into it. When you do let me know the ticket number so I can track it down.

Default Re: all versions above .71 don't seem to recognize songs well on my computer

Cheryl, From lack of response (you are so good at responding) I thought you had left the company and I was disappointed. Very glad you are still there. I think I have my emails. One time was through the support website where I submitted a ticket request (I don't believe I got an automatic reply when I did that). I think I got one automatic reply from the emails but never got a live response, and thereafter never got another automatic reply to my emails. Let me gather the info and I'll give you details in another post. I typically use the original (old) ticket number and maybe that was the reason, but it didn't explain the lack of a response when I put in a new ticket. I have no problem submitting a new ticket, but the last one didn't seem to work and I don't have a record of it as no auto reply came. I'll try again. I guess it is possible I put in a typo on my email address.

Cheryl, I sent a ticket via a reply from an old ticket (same problem) in an email dated 11/26/15, apparently using an address for ticked 4185. I got an automated response the same day saying it was assigned 4272, but never heard back from anyone. Then, on 12/5, I replied to the autoreply (which apparently went to the zendesk but without a 4272 indicator) and asked about status, but got no automated reply or any other reply. Sometime later (maybe a week later), I filled out the ticket form on the website and got no automated reply and no response. Then I went to the forum.

My issue is consistently on my computer (win 10), only .71 provides tagging the first time. Any more recent release, up to and including .99 usually has way less than a 50% (initial) tag rate and always is markedly inferior to .71, but does well when I retag. It is annoying enough to keep me from upgrading. Obviously not the end of the world, but it would be nice if it was addressed.

We are not using Zendesk so that is the issue. We have a new ticket system. I do see you submitted a ticket via it and I have answered it. Thanks.,

I thought I would close this out. The problem with not tagging songs is a setting under the little used "naming rules" that sets a maximum size for tagging look up. I had gone to a high bit rate, which increased the file size and turned off tagging.

Thanks for sharing the solution I have given you. Happy New Year.