Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC iPlayer HTML5

Default Re: BBC iPlayer HTML5

Mike

It is probably just as easy for be to deal with the pop-up screen as rename the file, particularly if I download several streams. That said, within the last 48 hours, pasting in the URL results in 2 copies of the program being downloaded, which is slightly annoying..

Although the pop-up currently suggests that only one stream is available, my experiments suggest otherwise. Purely out of interest, I thought I would show you what I am seeing.

If I leave RMC set at Prompt and Prompt, then paste in the URL for Just a Minute, I get to see this...

If I then double click on what appears to be the only stream available, I end up with this...

If I set RMC at Medium quality and MP3, then paste in the URL for Just a Minute, I see no stream selection pop-up, and end up with this...

Note that the files are of the same size as above, but the superfluous downloaded files are named differently.

If I leave RMC set at Medium quality and MP3, and simply play Just a Minute, I end up with this...

Note that RMC has found an FLV file, that was not listed when the available streams were listed, as per my first example.

As things stand, I am able to get RMC to do what I want, albeit not perfectly. The way forward currently seems to be to leave it set at Medium and MP3, but then paste in the URL. I don't download enough stuff for the extra downloads to be much of an issue.

I have only posted the above in the hope that you may find it informative.

Sool
    Last edited by Sool; 11-08-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Typo fix

Interesting. When I paste that same URL and hit download I get a completely different pop up screen selection. Just an FLV file and an MPD file. No sign of an MP4. So my downloads whether using the paste/download method or the listen and Auto capture method results in the same FLV file being captured.

The other interesting thing is that the FLV file is only 12.1MB in size as opposed to your being 77.6MB in the last screen shot. However converting to MP3 medium quality results in the same 30.4MB file that you have.

I don't get any superfluous files. We must have some other settings that differ.

For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to paste the screen image into these forum messages. Every time I try the screen greys out and I loose everything. Is there a trick to it?

Mike

Mike

Until a few days ago, the pop-up screen was giving me a choice of 6-8 avaialable streams in various file formats. That behaviour stopped, without me changing anything at my end.

A week prior to that, RMC had automatically been grabbing the FLV of any radio program I played, by simply using the audio capture method. It simply just worked, and it was only when it stopped working, that I discovered the URL pasting method, which introduced me to Prompt and Prompt settings.

Prior to that, I never had any need to delve into RMC's deeper settings, which were all essentially set at their defaults.

Something clearly changed at the BBC a couple of weeks back, and there have been further changes since then. For the moment, I can get RMC download what I want, so I am content to bumble along.

Hopefully, things will eventually settle down, and RMC may be adapted to suit.

As for pasting photos, I found it equally impossible, so inserted them using the method (see what I did there )

In reality I cheated, through uploading my images to MediaFire, which under More Sharing Options, writes the URL for me.

Sool