Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPlayer no longer works?

Default Re: iPlayer no longer works?

Hi,

I posted two messages to this topic on Saturday, the first required moderator approval for some reason but the second appeared in the topic. I edited the second message as it made little sense without the first but that caused it to vanish.

Any chance they can be moderated?

Thanks,
    Mac.

I see all of your responses and I do not have anything to approve in my list

It appears that content delivered via iPlayer can no longer use Download but must instead be captured with Auto. Playing the stream does capture as Download did previously but the auto generated file name specific to content is lost. No VBR though so big files.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JJUK; 07-30-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Cheryl,

Sorry for the delay in replying. As I said, I submitted two messages last Saturday that appear to have got lost. The first was quite lengthy and when I submitted it I was informed that it required moderator approval (despite not containing anything controversial). I then submitted a second message with an addendum to the first and this posted successfully. However, without the original message it didn't really make sense and I then edited it to include a summary of the first message. When I submitted this second edited message, the original disappeared from the topic but was not replaced by the longer edited version. I assumed that, owing to the length, it too required moderator approval. Apparently not.

While using the supplied editor to write the messages I notice that the text did not word wrap and in composing this message I clicked on the "Switch Editor To WYSIWYG Mode", losing all the original text (this is the second draft). I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Anyway the gist of my messages was that I too had been successfully downloading BBC iPlayer programmes by pasting the URL. It did sometimes take five or six attempts (actually clicking the download arrow) before it would work without an error. Now it doesn't work at all. Interestingly "get_iplayer" works first time, every time (I use the --pid option). Using the live streaming isn't an option to me as I have a slow broadband connection and whereas in the past it just waited until the stream had buffered now the stream uses adaptive bitrate giving lower quality.

Hopefully this makes it into the topic,
    Mac.

Thanks, Mac. If you do continue to have an issue at this time I need you to go to tech support. I don't do it for Replay Media Catcher and do not want to give you the wrong information. Thanks.