Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First beat of song cut off

Default First beat of song cut off

I'm finding that the first beat or first half of a beat is often cut off on Spotify and was wondering if a future release could address this issue. I realize you don't have access to spotify in Europe however I'm assuming this problem may be occurring in other music programs as well.

I've been testing all different silence / split settings and it seems intermittent - like I don't always get a reliable result as far as this issue. Sometimes it works fine - sometimes not but since I'm mixing music one this is for certain - it's absolutely critical.

Thanks for any input.

Default Re: First beat of song cut off

Are you using the web version, or the app. I get almost perfect results with the app...web version was spotty sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by davegl View Post
    Are you using the web version, or the app. I get almost perfect results with the app...web version was spotty sometimes
    I'm using the App. Like you said it's almost perfect. Unfortunately my first cue point needs to be somewhere before the song starts though which makes it problematic.

I guess what I'm wishing for is an option which would allow you to control the amount of silence recorded before the start of a song to ensure the beginning isn't mixed.

Another oddity I noticed is that software claims that the wav files RM makes is corrupt (not closed properly or something.) So to fix this I've been batch re-exporting them with Audacity. I wonder if the issue lies within this area.

We do have a silence.mp3 that you can put between songs when doing a playlist in Spotify. If you would like that please contact tech support and I can send it to you.

If you want to use silence between songs, Spotify recommended to me this 10 second song(with no sound at all) already in the Spotify library.

Mudvayne - 12:97:24:99

Works like a charm. I use it when recording live albums mostly.

Did you ever feel like the closer you get to what you need it that it just moves further away?

I made and tested my own silence.mp3. It seems that RM doesn't actually listen for silence to decide when songs start and stop. It seems like it actually just knows that spotify is playing a song or not. So basically I have a 10 seconds of silence and set my silenece time to various settings (tested from 250 - 5000ms) but RM refuses to detect it as silence. The waveform display is even showing that there is sound even though there isn't any. I confirmed that nothing can be heard in it and that nothing is actually recorded by RM while it's playing. I'm totally confused now.

I even added a tone (then two tones) to the silence file to see if RM would suddenly detect sound and then silence again but that had no effect. It simply knows only when a song is playing and whwhen spotify switches songs. That is it's cue to start a new song recording. I think I'm out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by davegl View Post
    If you want to use silence between songs, Spotify recommended to me this 10 second song(with no sound at all) already in the Spotify library.

Mudvayne - 12:97:24:99

Works like a charm. I use it when recording live albums mostly.
    Tried that thanks. Same result as described when I made my own silence file.

Just for documentation purposes I did a search here and found that other people have also posted about this issue. These are the other posts:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread...d-from-Spotify

https://forum.applian.com/showthread...hlight=spotify

sooo......

with this having been reported as an issue in other software (napster) is it possible we could get a fix? I agree with the idea that we're losing a part of the song while it's monitoring for the next song to start. There's just a few milliseconds where it decides the song is playing and starts recording.

My suggestion would be to have a setting that would be to add a user set x miliseconds of recorded sound back to the track after it detects that the song is playing. It should have it since it was already recording.

Hi,
    I use the Silence MP3 which was part of the Replay Music 6 setup. I place it into the tracks within Spotify and at the beginning of each playlist. Replay has not missed an intro using this method.
    Cheryl should be able to send you this.
    Steve