Thread: Scheduled audio recording records all streaming audio opened in browser

Post Scheduled audio recording records all streaming audio opened in browser

I am using RMC 6 with Windows 7, and Google Chrome. I have scheduled a streaming URL radio program to record every day at the same time and it is working fine. However, if I open another browser tab and go to any site that is automatically streaming a video with a soundtrack, RMC 6 will start recording this sound track automatically into a different file. I only want to record the specific URL radio station I have in my schedule.

I am capturing using the setting "Audio Record (Application)." Is there a capture setting or other general setting in RMC 6 that will restrict the recording only to the streaming URL in the schedule no matter what sites are open in the browser? If not, I will have to either not use the browser at all while my scheduled program is recording (about four hours) or I'll have to go in and delete unwanted recorded files every day.

Default Re: Scheduled audio recording records all streaming audio opened in browser

If a direct URL is used or the DVR for recording, yes, it will be restricted. If the Auto mode is used, anything will be picked up.