Thread: "Successful" Burn to DVD but not content

Default "Successful" Burn to DVD but not content

I have tried to burn three videos to a DVD using Replay Converter.

The process goes through all of its various stages and I get a message to say the DVD burn has been a success. However, when I attempt to play the DVD the disc has no data recorded on it. I've tried two blank discs and the outcome is the same on each.

Can you help please?

Thanks.

Ian

Default Re: "Successful" Burn to DVD but not content

Hi

Are you converting and burning as two separate steps? Are you getting any error messages? have you tested a file prior to burning it to make sure it is a good file?

Default Re: "Successful" Burn to DVD but no content

Cheryl

Thank you for your reply. I was converting to the wrong format.

I can now burn to DVD. That's the good news. However, the bad news is the DVD is of variable quality.

I have added two videos. The first starts off in excellent quality but after a minute or so quality becomes very variable and is hit and miss throughout. The good bits are great and the poor are... poor.

The second follows a similar pattern, with the addition of voice synchronisation being out throughout it.

Video one was converted from the .flv file to mpeg-2 (high quality) and the second is from an original DVD (I want to copy) from a .vob file to mpeg-2 (high quality).

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Ian

Default Re: "Successful" Burn to DVD but not content

Do the conversion and burn as two different steps. Adjust the quality when you do the conversion. After you select the format then select the edit icon. Make the bitrate higher. The file size will also be larger.