Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RM Version 7 - a step backwards

Unhappy RM Version 7 - a step backwards

I realise that things need to be always improved. However RM7 seems to have gone backwards.

1 I have to restart RM7 once, twice or even three times to record a second album of music from Spotify after recording the first one. This never ever happened with previous versions and I loathe it.

2 Where has the RESET button gone?

3 Where is the "stop Recording after xxx seconds" command gone?

That'll do for now. There are more things I truly hate but if these three got fixed, I might not abandon Replay Music. If not... it's not looking good.

Thanks for listening

Geoff

Default Re: RM Version 7 - a step backwards

Totally agree, RM6 worked perfectly, I can't use RM7 because I will not disable Secureboot, but even when I used RM7 in the trial with the generic driver the interface was awful. I enjoyed all the previous RM versions until this one. Bad move.

I am sorry you feel that way. We spent a lot of time and effort developing our latest version and most people do enjoy the user interface and the extra options that it does offer. Technology has changed a lot and we had to
    develop to go with this technology.

Dear Cheryl

Firstly nice to see you still here and answering our sometimes-dumb questions!

However my points remain unanswered. I have to restart RM7 up to five times before it will record a second album in a session, and sometimes I have to restart Spotify too. This is driving me to despair. The other things are irritating but this is a killer. Has your developer any reason for this? I am recording Spotify in W7 32-bit.

All the new features in the world (which I do not need) I can walk round but you cannot just break something and say it is newer and better.

Geoff

I must say that having used RM7 now since its inception, I have found it to be a sideways move and not a backwards one! There have been a few improvements one of which is that RM7 has not crashed once, whereas 6 would crash on an almost daily basis which is a massive bonus for me. However the track tagging both automatic and manual is awful...worse than 6. Ranging from the incorrect title, to having track and artist in the track field only. Manual tagging does not always apply itself either! And I cannot for the life of me find how to tag a various artists album all at once with the album title!! .I have to revert to using a seperate tagging program (dont laugh....musicmatch (awesome) ). But Ill put up with its difficulties because it doesnt crash, its SO good value and the support is incredible. Oh by the way, is anyone else getting a message box on startup stating it cant connect to the registration server?

Not to beat a dead horse but RM6 worked perfectly for me, and having followed these message boards for years it seems most were pleased with the product. I do not personally like the new interface but I suppose that's a matter of taste. The killer is having to disable a core security feature to make the new program work. Granted, many will have no trouble, but the reason for the security feature is to prevent a small risk of a big problem. Unless the new program is spectacularly better than the old, and I do not see anyone saying that, you need to keep the old program or at least offer a way for existing users to get the same functionality as the old without having to turn off security features. It's disappointing that you have not at least done the latter. Perhaps you need a new, NEW developer.

Thumbs down Re: RM Version 7 - a step backwards

Cheryl, you've always been a big help when I've had a problem (user since 2009), but I agree RM7 may be prettier, but its just not as easy to work with. I'm just now rolling back to RM6 after two failed attempts at recording off Rhapsody a Kristin Chenoweth "CD" for my wife. RM7 is splitting tracks all over the place mid song. I made one adjustment for splitting already - doubling the silence check - no help. I'm going to see how RM6 manages and I'll report back.

Besides this, the whole aspect of dealing with "fixing things" - happens from time to time, is much more complicated under RM7 - and so far, there's more to fix. The whole process of naming tracks, albums, files is way over the top - at least a default that made RM7 act like RM6 - leave my folder and files on output just like RM6 - why do you make me hunt and peck to get back to what I had before - I spent a couple of hours working thru this.

Sometimes more features just clog up the user experience. Sounds like from the forum I am not alone. As long as RM6 performs adequately I'm reluctant to change and I'd be really concerned about paying for another upgrade.

I do have the suite and use Replay Radio, Video Capture on a regular basis, each works a little differently, but are much simpler if you stick to the basics. RM7 should have a Basic mode and then put all the extras in "Advanced" for those that like to tinker.

Thanks for reading the rant!

Can now report that RM6 captured the same CD without fault, 15 tracks over an hour of content... Give us back our RM6!!!
    Last edited by cap3344; 12-10-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: additional info -

I didn't have to go down the "turn off security" road yet, but as a info security professional, that really irks me when I'm told to turn off security features to get commercial software to work. This is akin to jailbreaking a cell phone. If the developer can't use authorized windows API's then its a hack, and that's not something commercial software should be promoting.

I, too, on first blush think RM7 is a step backwards--much less obvious/intuitive.

Wondering, specifically, how to have RM automatically create a folder based on the artist name; even better if it would find the same artist and create a sub-folder for each album. Arggh.

The program uses brackets {} to label and"\" to make a new folder. As an example I have mine set up with: {artist}\{album}\{trackno}-{artist}-{title}-{album}
    This is in settings under naming rules. So I have a folder for the Artist-in that I have a folder for the Album and then the other information.