Thread: Feature request for switching audio profiles/modes

Default Feature request for switching audio profiles/modes

Hello!

Long time Capture Suit owner here. However, I use Replay Music in bursts where I'll use a bit then not open it for another year so basically, I'm no expert and don't use it a ton but over the years I have noticed something that seems like it would be a genius addition but maybe it is too complex?

One thing I have never liked about Replay Music is that in order for me to record in MP3 format, I have to change my computer from 7.1 surround sound to simple "stereo" mode. I just bought Replay Music 7 and the first time I went to record something I got the pop-up about needing to switch to "stereo". Ugh.

I remember in Windows 3.1 there was a simple macro recorder. As a feature request, would it be possible to have the option that the user could record a simple macro to switch to "stereo" then another to switch back to whatever they "normally" use. Then, you guys would have RM7 execute the macro to go to stereo mode when the "Start Recording" button is pressed and when the recording is stopped, the macro for going back to normal is executed. This seems like it would be a brilliant addition to RM7 and I'm not just saying that because I'd like to see it myself. LOL

I realize this may be difficult with the several platforms this has to work on as well as the countless number of audio drivers but that's why I'm thinking of some kind of macro recorder. It doesn't seem like one comes built in with Windows any longer but there so not sure how much time you would want to invest in doing this from scratch or getting with maybe some of the open source stuff. Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there to see if there and see if there was any possible way to automate going to stereo then back to normal when done using RM7?

And, even if you don't want to implement this in the core of RM7, here is another idea which I think would not be overly difficult... the user supplies the macro program which has the ability to use command line inputs. You guys provide in RM7 the option "Use macro to change sound profile?". If this option is checked, two blank lines become available. First blank line is the program that is run with its command line to switch to stereo. Second blank line is to switch it back to whatever is desired for normal computer use. Then all you guys would have to do tell RM7 to execute the commands in line 1 prior to starting a recording session and execute the commands in line 2 when ending. May need a delay time or something too but that seems like a fairly doable feature request that I think many would find very beneficial!

Thanks!

Default Re: Feature request for switching audio profiles/modes

Thanks for the suggestion. Our developers do read the forums so perhaps in a future update.

Default Re: Feature request for switching audio profiles/modes

Thank you, Cheryl! Hopefully the developers agree. I'm working a ton now so no time to play but I may try to implement my own macro type setup. If I am successful I'll post back and let you know how I did it.