Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RM 7 -- No Windows Audio Driver?

Default Re: RM 7 -- No Windows Audio Driver?

"What you Hear" is not a good alternative. It is not the same as the Windows Audio Driver in RM 6, which functioned perfectly, at least for me. (For example, with What you hear the PC volume effects the recording level, this was not the case with WAD.) Quite candidly, I prefer RM 6 overall, the interface is cleaner and easier to use. Regardless,
    can you please ask the developer to restore the Windows Audio Driver to RM 7 so that when the time comes that I need to upgrade it's available? Thanks.

The two versions were made by two different developers. We are finding that most people are very happy with the new version and the additional options that are included. The "Audio Driver" method in RM6 and "Application" recording mode in RM7 will produce recordings that are closer to the source material since the data is being pulled directly out of the running application. For audiophiles, these methods would be preferred. For most users, the difference might not be noticeable (especially since most streamed music is compressed anyhow). "What you Hear" and win audio driver are the most similar when the audio driver is not able to be used or when application
    doesn't work for you.

Thanks Cheryl, but as you know the windows audio driver is not an option in RM 7. The ONLY driver that works for me (since I'm not disabling secure boot) is "what you hear," and that is not good. As a longtime user, I would ask you to check if the windows audio driver can be added to RM7. Obviously, the perfect solution would be if you could get RM7 to work without disabling secure boot. Thanks.

All requests and suggestions are passed on. It is up to the developer. Thanks for the input. I might add that I have disabled secure boot since Windows 8 came out on all of my systems and have not had an issue. Nor have I had one reported to me from our customers.

Thanks Cheryl, but I don't find comfort in the fact that you disabled secure boot with no problem. I know people who run PC's with no antivirus who also have had no problem, yet. Bottom line is you should not have to disable a security feature to run software. I truly cant believe you wont lose sales and longtime customers over this move, just my opinion of course.

In general I like V7, but there are a few things I don't. The main one is v7 doesn't record the tracks in wav form then convert them to format in settings, it appears to record them in what ever format you have set in settings. The problem with is that if I want the file format to be mp3 I have to turn my audio playback settings from 24bit 96khz down to 16bit 48khz.
    With v6 I could leave my playback settings at 24bit 96khz, so the stream was recorded in high quality waves then converted to what I had in settings.

Your feedback is appreciated. The developers do read the forums.