Thread: Can't download complete iPlayer show. Shows as complete, but only about 1/3rd downloaded.

Exclamation Can't download complete iPlayer show. Shows as complete, but only about 1/3rd downloaded.

Config: I am using this in Windows 7 x64 SP1 fully updated. I'm using CyberGhost 5 (Premium Plus) to VPN into the UK. (I have tried other VPN apps and PPTP configs and this is the only one that appears to work with RMC and get_iplayer.)

I purchased RCS last night, downloaded Replay Media Catcher 5.0.1.54 and followed the Applian video for downloading iPlayer shows. It keeps showing that the download is complete, however it really only saves about 1/3 of the show. If I play the show, it will only go so far and stop playing. I have tried several times and it only downloads a portion of it. It doesn't quit at the same spot, but it's usually around the 1/3rd mark of a 1:17 show, with a file size ranging from 400MB to 600MB in size (HD show).

I downloaded and installed a get_iplayer package for Windows and I have no issues downloading the exact same show via the command line in that program. So that pretty much eliminates any networking/vpn/internet issues.

Another thing I noticed during my troubleshooting. The get_iplayer program has an auto-resume function, so it continues from any place the download is stopped. RMC always starts with a fresh file. If RMC doesn't complete a download, it would be nice, if it could continue the download from where it left off. This way at least I wouldn't have to start over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Can't download complete iPlayer show. Shows as complete, but only about 1/3rd downloaded.

This is more of a technical issue than can be addressed in the forums. Please do submit a ticket to tech support for detailed assistance on this issue. http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/

Default Re: Can't download complete iPlayer show. Shows as complete, but only about 1/3rd downloaded.

I have submitted a ticket as per your suggestion. Thank you for your prompt reply.