Thread: Unable to connect to the internet: 0x800C0005

Default Unable to connect to the internet: 0x800C0005

The msg continues that RMC is unable to connect to its "licensing servers" and I should check my firewall etc.

There is nothing in my firewall blocking access. Frankly this problem seems to be on Applian's end.

Anyone else seeing this?

Default Re: Unable to connect to the internet: 0x800C0005

Are you still getting the error? What version of Replay Media Catcher are you using? Where are you located? Let us know if you continue to have an issue-also do contact tech support.

In case people come upon this thread during a search for 0x800C0008 or 0x800C0005 error messages, the following might help. Due to security vulnerabilities that have cropped up on the internet recently (you may have heard of the Poodle exploit), many servers have moved to a more secure form of communication. It is possible that your Internet Explorer does not have TLS enabled although it should. To enable TLS do the following:

For this method, you will use the Control Panel:
    1) Open the Windows Control Panel.
    2) Click Network and Internet. Click Internet Options.
    3) In the resulting Internet Properties window, click the Advanced Tab.
    4) Scroll down the listing and make sure the TLS options are enabled (depending on your IE version, there might be multiple TLS entries). Click OK to save the changes.
    5) Restart the Applian software and see if the error returns.

Here is a link to another method which uses Internet Explorer:
    http://applian.com/support/enable-tls

There are other causes for 0x800C0008 and 0x800C0005 errors as well, and they involve IE not being able to reach the intended server. This can happen even though you are able to access pretty much any other website. But, it usually involves a security problem (ie IE is having issues as above) or a blockage (ie antivirus not letting you go to the site).

My RMC5 (5.0.1.54) stopped working giving me an error that said "can't connect to server--0x800C0008. On 12-13-14 was when it quit working. It worked in the morning then later when I tried using it it wouldn't work anymore. I was able to ping to Replay Media IP numbers ok. I tried different older versions and even downloaded the same current version. The TLS settings are checked. My firewall is still configured to let RMC5 through as before. The only thing that I can think would be that your servers are down.

Please do contact tech support with details of this issue.