Thread: Can RMC capture iHeart Radio?

Default Can RMC capture iHeart Radio?

My old URL finder cannot decode some iHeart radio streams. Can the latest Replay media catcher get all the iHeart stations? Not a single station using analog speaker output but actually capture multiple streams of packets from several stations. thanks

Default Re: Can RMC capture iHeart Radio?

I'm afraid not. Please do give Replay Radio a try-it does an audio capture and not a stream capture with this. Also, if you give specific call letters or a URL for a station we can test it further for you.

Edit: You can try Replay Radio for FREE here using our demo: Replay Radio Free Download

I can capture a single iHeart radio analog speaker output with Audacity. I need a yes or no- Can Replay Radio or any other product you make capture several simultaneous iHeart radio streams? If not I can put four or five old PCs to work each capturing a single audio-output. iHeart radio is perhaps the largest single talk radio streaming format across the USA. Almost all of the top radio hosts have either some or most of their largest mega-market regions broadcasting on iHeart stations. It is like a form of ECMs (electronic warfare). Have you tested this and can you capture these streams?

If the stream is an audio stream where it can only be audio recorded only one at a time. If it can be Direct Downloaded then Replay Radio can capture several at the time. Each stream is different and that is why I asked for some specific ones so I could let you know. As an example KISS is an audio capture while KLOS is a Direct Download. They are both iHeart Radio stations but they stream differently. Let me know if you have specific stations--
    just give us the call letters and main URL and we can let you know.

Applian forums thread July 2014
    Can RMC capture iHeart Radio?
    My old URL finder cannot decode some iHeart radio streams. Can the latest Replay media catcher get all the iHeart stations? Not a single station using analog speaker output but actually capture multiple streams of packets from several stations. thanks
    ---------------------
    Cheryl Wester
    I'm afraid not. Please do give Replay Radio a try-it does an audio capture and not a stream capture with this. Also, if you give specific call letters or a URL for a station we can test it further for you.
    --------------------
    I can capture a single iHeart radio analog speaker output with Audacity. I need a yes or no- Can Replay Radio or any other product you make capture several simultaneous iHeart radio streams? If not I can put four or five old PCs to work each capturing a single audio-output. iHeart radio is perhaps the largest single talk radio streaming format across the USA. Almost all of the top radio hosts have either some or most of their largest mega-market regions broadcasting on iHeart stations. It is like a form of ECMs (electronic warfare). Have you tested this and can you capture these streams?
    ----------------------

If the stream is an audio stream where it can only be audio recorded only one at a time. If it can be Direct Downloaded then Replay Radio can capture several at the time. Each stream is different and that is why I asked for some specific ones so I could let you know. As an example KISS is an audio capture while KLOS is a Direct Download. They are both iHeart Radio stations but they stream differently. Let me know if you have specific stations--
    just give us the call letters and main URL and we can let you know.

Edit: You can try Replay Radio for FREE here using our demo: Replay Radio Free Download
    ---------------------------

OK, here's four I cannot stream capture and must be singly recorded.

Honolulu
    KHVH
    KHNR

Fairbanks
    KFBX

Columbus OH
    WTVN

The Alaska and offshore stations are delayed one or two hours respectively from continental schedules, important for time shifting in case of local media or Internet interruptions.

Has there been improvements in the URL finder over the older RAV8.x versions? With some iHeart stations URL finder remains blank. Most of the Townhall iHeart stations cannot be stream captured. These are usually stations that require a "fake" registration and password to login (or IP tracking cookies, spam ads etc.), else the station will timeout. This is of course hilarious because not only is the intelligent listener's registration ad-hoc nonsense (it doesn't even verify authentic zip codes), but many people have security sandboxes and adblocks and use privacy mode, so all the desperate tracking idiocy is wiped on closing and all moot anyway. Fixing the problem with iHeart annoyances and advertising your success would be a big selling point.

What do the broadcasters do to their streams that make it invisible to the URL finder? All of these streams are are in the form of packets right? The packets arrive at the Broadband Hosts servers and are reassembled in the correct order and sent to the individual IP router. You seem to be saying that the internet is carrying an analog signal which is impossible. Is it coded in some way to block analysis? I can't believe that these radio stations, w/ generally mediocre IT standards at best, are leaping ahead and encrypting these streams point-to-point like a VPN for each home PC listener. That is trillions of bps. Is the destination PC SSL being used? It seems like impossible overkill and excess to me.

Thanks, this is interesting on many levels. Especially the obtuse radio station marketing "geniuses" that make it unpleasantly complicated and thus unlikely that people will bother to listen. Of course there is that certain percentage of defenseless Lofos who's PC are in a constant state of invasive infection etc., who allow insulting brain shriveling ads to play, click on fraudulent decoy pop-ups and volunteer critical info at the slightest opportunity.

It appears that the station is Alaska is a Direct Download. So is KHNR. The other two are audio capture. I don't know what the broadcasters do to the streams, I'm afraid. That is out of my scope. The URL Finder in Replay
    Radio is excellent and if there is a good URL it will find it.

Aug 9 2014

Reply Cheryl Wester Applian

There is no reason to start paying annual fees for a stream capture program with no proven advancement in capability. AV8x, packet captures 90% of the shows I want to record and the remaining 10% by analog recording. I can auto schedule Win7 analog recording using BIOS auto start-up, Task Scheduler and free utilities. With several thousand stations syndicated for various talk shows, there are hundreds that simply do not adopt blocking technology. Some obviate recording by archiving for downloads & RSS.

Subscribing to my two favorite talk hosts personal Website's archiving services would cost half of the annual fee for RR9. Cheap old used PCs can analog record single stations using free recording utilities. I'd have to be pretty desperate to submit to "Renting" software. If Applian can't guarantee the successful scheduling and capture of iHeart and other "difficult" URl streams, I'll have to keep using what works now.

Yes I realize you need a regular cash flow to stay in business. One way you could achieve that would to make real and proven improvements in your software. Not by threats of annual annulment but by expanded capabilities.

Otto Schlemmerer