Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proxy settings enabling when start monitoring

Default Proxy settings enabling when start monitoring

Guys,
    Since I installed the latest version of RMC when I press the "Start" to monitor for internet downloads the proxy server check box in my browser (IE or Chrome) is automatically enabled when it isn't supposed to be, I do not use a proxy and the setting to use a proxy in RMC is not enabled.

Does anyone know why this would be enabled on its own?

Many Thanks

Default Re: Proxy settings enabling when start monitoring

I've seen the same thing. Very odd.

I've found a work-around, if you disable the "Enable scanning of HTTPS/SSL connections" all is fine again.

After you install the latest version you get a pop-up message asking if you want this enabled, I said yes because the websites I use are https, but it looks like this enables the proxy for some reason which then causes all kinds of issues.

Disabling the check box has made no difference in my ability to capture what I needed from a https site, so I'm not really sure what that option does..

Thanks for the tip :-). Worked fine here.

I currently have this problem too. Problems started in Version 5.0.1.15 and are continuing after upgrading to and then cleanly installing 5.0.1.154.

When I load RMC it goes into "not responding" mode as as soon as I click on anything, so I can't get even get at the settings to make any changes.
    When in in non-responsive, the program will not close and will not even end when I try through Task Manager.
    The only way out is to reboot my machine.
    Then, when the machine has rebooted, I find that RMC has changed the LAN settings within Internet connection settings by checking the tick box to "Use a Proxy Server for your LAN" and I have to manually un-check it to restore my internet connection.

These problems are occurring repeatedly and I have tried completely uninstalling RMC, including the settings and library, but the same issues persist even on a clean re-installation.

I am using Windows 8.1 which is fully up to date.

I have submitted a support tick and still awaiting a reply.

Let us know the fix for this when you hear. Thanks.

I have now had a solution form support which seems to have fixed the issue. Here is the content of the email I received:

1) Uninstall WinPcap from the Windows Control Panel.
    2) Install ApplianNM.exe from the RMC5 program directory. This will be
    C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 5\ApplianNM.exe
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 5\ApplianNM.exe
    (Note: In my case, when going back into RMC5, I got an error saying that the network monitor was installed but not working. So I did it again, the second time choosing to uninstall and re-install).

3) Reboot and run RMC5.

Also, yes, RMC5 accomplishes downloading of HTTPS content, such as at https://www.youtube.com, by creating a proxy. When monitoring for internet downloads is turned on, the proxy setting is activated. If RMC5 is unexpectedly shutdown, the proxy setting might get left on and interfere with internet communications at the next boot cycle. You can go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Internet Options, select the Connections tab, and click the "LAN settings" button to turn off the proxy setting. This should re-enable the internet connection.

I am assuming it has been my recent manual upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1 that caused the problems, but this has yet to be confirmed

Seems the problems were indeed caused by the update from Windows 8 to 8.1 and there is an FAQ on it here:

https://replaymediacatcher.zendesk.c...t-not-loading-

I dont like the idea of all of my personal and private information going into and out of a proxy server that I dont know or trust. Who knows what is being recorded or saved or stripped off of the connection. I dont trust RCMP doing YouTube solutions like this. Is there anything better and safer for me to get a simple recording?

Well... now I know what was causing the huge annoyance of my proxy being turned back on. So much for virus checkers and UAC blocking stuff. lol

BTW, WinPCAP is NOT Windows 8.1 friendly. Yes it thinks it works, it does not and causes problems after awhile. Use the other one. WinP, yet another program that stuck a WIN8 compatible sticker on because it didn't crash. Sheesh. The lost streams is WInPcap failing, switch and don't drop anymore.