Thread: SSL Scanner Root Install Certificate?

Default SSL Scanner Root Install Certificate?

What's this all about, is it legit, and does it help to solve the problems with trying to capture vids that have been plaguing RMC5, especially with YT? It pops up every time I hit "Start" but I wanted to check here first before I agreed to download.

Default Re: SSL Scanner Root Install Certificate?

Yes, this is legit. If you do this then you will be able to capture YouTube using https. YouTube has changed a lot and we have updated our program to take advantage of this. Thanks.

Thank you.

I suppose that Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner transparent HTTPS filtering operates using a man-in-the-middle interception of HTTPS traffic. An HTTPS session is established between the server and the Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner, and then between the Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner and the client. By default, the session between the client and the Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner is signed using the self-signed signing certificate created on the Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner Root. This means that the Replay Media Catcher 5 SSL Scanner Root public signing certificate must be installed in all client browsers, in order to avoid certificate warnings. This way you can issue any certificate. It's not secure.

I dont like this! It says this certificate is NOT FROM A TRUSTED KNOWN SITE. Scares the heck out of me...seems then that anyone could gain access to my connection credentials.

Replay...update your way of doing this...and BUY a TRUSTED certificate from YOU...so we dont have to open ourselves up to security risks from who knows who!