Thread: So...How's the new version working for you?

Default So...How's the new version working for you?

I continue to use version 8 and, for those stations that I can still stream capture it works great. How is version 9 working for anyone? Can you still stream capture those that you could in version 8? Can you capture lots of programs simultaneously? stream and audio capture?

Default Re: So...How's the new version working for you?

If it is a stream capture in Replay AV it will work the same way in Replay Radio. It also does a great job of doing an audio recording and you are able to capture more than one at a time. It is easy to use and
    people are enjoying using it. If you haven't given it a try yet do so. We do have some great upgrade details so check it out.

I find that RM9 works better than RM8 principally because RM8 always had to run under an admin account but RM9 doesn't. Also, I think you can set the meta data tags easier but to be honest I never had to do this back when I used RM8 but I do now since I have moved over to an iPhone and iTunes relies on them so much (unfortunately)

Glad you like it. We think it is great and easy to use too!

I have recently started using V9. Being in the UK then this version seems more international in that the programme finder does seem to understand about the BBC. I found the program finder in V8 of little use. That said it does not list all the programs in the schedule and so not as useful as you might think. I tend to find that I still resort to the pre V9 manual method of setting up one recording manually then cloning it and changing the date/time to what I need.

It seems a lot more resilient now. I used to get a lot of recordings that stopped and restarted during a recording (and so as this was not seamless I got gaps and so essentially the recording was ruined). No idea why I was recording on a LAN connected PC and so not wireless dropouts. The PC used was a media centre PC which would otherwise be idle at the time of the recording and so not as if it was busy doing other stuff. But using the same PC I do not get this with V9. It does also give you loads more conversion choices but it is a bit lost on me as I simply convert to MP3 and do not pick a device specific profile.

Some niggles. The minimum conversion quality offered for MP3 is 96k but I used to use 64k for radio recordings (voice). So my files are 50% bigger. Maybe it is a setting but I get the original file (.wmv format) and the converted format file for each recording. Lastly, V8 used to create a recording file containing the date of the recording. V9 gives them all the same name but increments the file name by 1 to not overwrite. But it means to see what date the recording is you have to look at the properties of the recording file rather than simply look at the file name.

All in all seems good apart from the new licensing model. It moved from a one time payment for right to use (until you chose to upgrade) to an annual subscription model. I seemed to get a good offer as a Replay Capture Suite customer but would be reluctant to have to pay the asking annual fee. So will be interested to see what happens in a year's time when my current subscription runs out.

I have not tried recording multiple streams concurrently as I generally don't record that often and so the chances of needing a concurrent recording are small.

Thank you for the feedback. You are able to add the date. As an example test {M} {D} {Y} in the name of the show would give you the name test with the month, day, and year. Give that a try. Also, if you have shows you want in the Media Guide let us know via our ticket system and we will add them.

Just thought I'd update my earlier comments. I have no complaints whatever. It does what it's supposed to do and does it well and with clarity. I can't ask for more. I've been especially happy with your responsiveness in adding streaming stations because I find the URL finder incomprehensible