Thread: Replay Media Catcher 5 is not recording anything for me

Default Replay Media Catcher 5 is not recording anything for me

Hello,

I recently upgraded my RM Suite in November of 2013. The other programs like Replay Converter and Replay Music are working. However, Replay Media Catcher 5 is not. I open the program, press the START button. Open my browser and go to Youtube.com and nothing is recording. Could somebody please give me an explanation of why this is happening and what the solution is? I have have using Replay Media Catcher since 2010 and never had a problem like this where nothing happened.

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 5 is not recording anything for me

Quote Originally Posted by arinnk View Post
    Hello,

I recently upgraded my RM Suite in November of 2013. The other programs like Replay Converter and Replay Music are working. However, Replay Media Catcher 5 is not. I open the program, press the START button. Open my browser and go to Youtube.com and nothing is recording. Could somebody please give me an explanation of why this is happening and what the solution is? I have have using Replay Media Catcher since 2010 and never had a problem like this where nothing happened.

I have been having the same trouble ever since I first iinstalled RCAT 5. It simply doesn't work - at least not consistently. I've tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, and sosometimes after a reinstall it'll work - until the computer shuts down and I restart, at which point RCAT 5 won't record anything. Come on, applian. What's up? Oh- and why is there suddenly and "applian" library in my libraries folder? I don't want it. How do I get rid of it? It's annoying and intrusive. But the main problem is that I just can't record any streaming video of any kind. Tell me how to fix it. Or better yet, come out with a free upgrade that fixes everything so I get what I paid for.

I don't think they have a solution. If you browse through this forum you will see many, many people with the same problem. The response is always just to contact their technical support, but nobody is reporting back on any solutions, or that their problems were solved. I don't think many were, because the same complaints keep surfacing.

I am looking for people who've found an alternative software. Any tips?

Have you contacted tech support regarding this? Is it only with YouTube or it with all files? Have you tried this: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/troubleshooter/
    It is located on the website under support. If you haven't give it a try and see if that corrects the problem you are having. Then report back and let us know if it did the job for you. Thanks.

I went through the entire new troubleshooting - not a single link was detected automatically and recorded. I contacted Technical support, but did not receive a response.

For me, it is with ALL files - not just YouTube. I can *manually* queue a YouTube and it will record, but no video is detected automatically anymore. This is a real shame as there are sites where I can't queue up a video manually because I don't know the URL.

I recently found Grab Pro and it's working!

When did you contact tech support. If it has been a few days please let me know the ticket number via private message and the name and email address used and I will look into it. Thanks.

I received a reply, but unfortunately it wasn't a big help. The advice was to:

- remove the "s" from https:// for You Tube videos.
    - ensure I've got RAW set for downloads.
    - Ensure I'm logged out of Google and YouTube.
    - Do not use Internet Explorer. Try Chrome or Firefox.

All things I'd tried to no avail, based on scouring all the complaints here.

Hi

Please do update to the latest version of the program. We just uploaded it yesterday and I believe it will handle this issue. If it doesn't then do contact tech support again. When you install it you are going to want to read
    what it tells you to do as it does help. Thanks.