Thread: RMC for Android

Thumbs up RMC for Android

Wish I had Media Catcher on my phone. Many websites, for some reason, force mobile users to listen to audio on live streaming only - downloading is not an option. This blocks users from downloading on WiFi and listening in a car or any location without WiFi access. The alternative when most of us don't have unlimited data plans (which don't work all that well for media streams any way) is to run up data charges.
    It would be nice to have an app that would find download links (especially hidden ones) and download media, or - failing that - to capture played media (I can play content and capture it but actually listen later).
    Thanks.

Default Re: RMC for Android

At the present time we do not have this. A suggestion is to download on your computer and convert and transfer to your phone.

That's actually what I do, I'll let RMC download songs from Grooveshark, pandora, etc for a few hours or all night sometimes - and transfer the new songs to my iPhone (works great for Android devices as well)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I too would like this feature, but I suppose it is beyond the current scope.

A suggestion would be to use the Pro version of the TuneIn radio app. It lets you record, and schedule from any station. It does not have many options and it does not record in the background, but it does the trick

Checking back. When I can, I do download on my desktop and then transfer to my phone. Not able to do that when I'm on the road. I asked for an Android version of Media Catcher but an Android Replay Radio would be just fine.

I have found an Android app which DOES download audio from NPR (which NPR's own app and their website block): NPR By Date. It's in Google Play. And, of course, many shows do have podcasts (although some charge for subscriptions).