Thread: Trying to record video fails

Default Trying to record video fails

Hi,

Once I hit "Record" the following things happen:-

1. Msg box appears saying "Audio Format not accepted by renderer". I hit OK
    2. Msg box appears saying "Cannot set up audio recording". I hit OK
    3. Msg box appears saying "An error occurred. Click OK to try reinstalling screen capture filters". I click OK
    4. A windows/systems32 window appears and runs through some programming. One lines says "ScrCap.ax:failed". Press any key to continue
    5. Msgbox appears "Reload filters complete. Try to record again"

I try to record again and go in the same circle of messages... Can anyone help me resolve this?

thanks, Neil

Default Re: Trying to record video fails

Hi HS, it would deeply isolate the issue if you can post the URL where you are trying to record.

Please do submit a ticket to tech support with complete details. Also, with what version of windows and of the program.

Question Re: Trying to record video fails

I am using the trial version of this program and getting the exact same issue. My error messages are identical to highlystrung's.
    I run Windows 7 Home Edition and the version of the Replay Video Capture software is 5.0.1.24

highlystrung, have you heard back from support on a solution to this?

I want to buy the whole suite later this month so I would love to get this sorted so I can try it before I make the purchase.

The latest version of Replay Video Capture is 7.2 so you are not using the latest version. Also, that number doesn't sound like it is coming from our Video Capture program at all. Verify what program you are using and if you are having an issue contact tech support with complete details.

Sorry, Cheryl. I was reading from the Director program list. It is 7.2, the number I wrote above was for replay media capture. I read the wrong line. I have had replay music for quite awhile but not any other programs so I am a newbie for the suite.

Anyway, I will keep digging and contact support if I can't troubleshoot it myself in the next day or so.

Thank you!

Thumbs up Re: Trying to record video fails

Update. I found a workaround through trial and error that did the trick for me.

1. Click the settings button on Replay Video Capture window.
    2. Click the Audio Setup button.
    3. Uncheck the "Auto Detect" box.
    4. Select the drop down list under "Audio Recording Sources" and choose your source. (EX. Mine was "Stereo Mix" in windows 7 but that may only be an option with my sound card (Diamond brand) you may have to test options that appear on your list.
    Once I did the above, the error was gone. As a side note, I dusted off my old Windows 8 disc and installed it yesterday and Windows 8.1 showed no errors at all. Replay Video Capture worked right out of the box when I did. Dunno the difference, but hey, it's working like a charm.

I hope this helps someone.

I am going to play with the other programs in the suite for another day or so in trial and then I am buying the suite. I was presently surprised to see I qualify for an upgrade rate from my previous purchase or Replay Music 5.