Thread: Recording Live?

Default Recording Live?

Hey,
    Congrats on getting your new product out. I hate to be negative, but I'm not sure where I see any improvements over the last AV8.

I have not researched any radio stations that have web/browser players to see if the app can open it on its own when scheduling stuff, but just now I'm doing something very simple. I'm pressing Quick Record with winamp streaming a station and it shows under my recording and appears to be recording, but when I press stop recording, it's gone? Am I supposed to do something besides telling the recording to stop to keep them?

And it doesn't even detect audio and doesn't attempt to record anything when the siriusxm web app is up and playing audio. I do have stereo mix enabled as well as I needed it for a little junky software recorder named Free Sound Recorder for when I want to spot record audio (usually interviews). So it's puzzling that so far, RR9 can't hear the audio. The same as AV8, which is why I ended up finding that Free Recorder app.

So at this point, I don't see how I can really even use it. I was hoping it would be "next gen" and would be able to record anything anytime. So far, it seems to have the same limitations as AV8. Obviously it could schedule, listen and record a simple winamp stream, but most radio websites don't have that anymore.

But back to my main point, so far, I can't Quick Record much. I just did a test and put on some christmas music on http://www.1067litefm.com/ and the quick recorder can't hear it either. Ug. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    James

Default Re: Recording Live?

What version of windows are you using? I use quick record all the time. If you do continue to have a problem please contact tech support for details.

By the way, on Recording tab and clicking Test method, what do you see on the results?

I had a similar issue and it turned out that one of the required executables was not listed in the in the audio capture list.

Open the Replay radio 9 settings and look at the audio capture list:
    http://applian.com/replay-radio/supp...io_capture_tab

Specifically, make sure jwmpp.exe and jbp.exe are in the list.

In my case, jwmpp.exe was not in the list. After I added it, I was able to quick record. This is apparently an installation bug that should be squashed in the near future.

Hope this helps you.

-Tim