Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay Video Capture Error Message: Cannot Run Graph

Default Replay Video Capture Error Message: Cannot Run Graph

After clicking the "Record" button and during Initialising, Replay Video Capture fails with the error message box "Cannot run graph" and with an "OK" button. Does anyone know how to get around this problem and get RVC to work?

Which operating system are you using? I had this problem on my Vista system and solved it rather painlessly. First, in Vista itself, I right-clicked the little speaker icon in the taskbar, chose Recording Devices (or go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds > Recording tab) and set the Stereo Mix (or Microphone if you want that) as the default recording device.

Next, in the Replay Video Capture settings, I clicked the "Audio Setup/Test" button and unchecked "Use Vista Audio Recording." From the drop-down menu under "Select an Audio Source", I chose the Stereo Mix, which showed up only after setting it as the default in Windows itself. Or select Microphone if you want that instead.

This worked for me and I'm able to switch back and forth from Mic to Stereo Mix (or what you hear) as I please. Hope this helps!

Default Replay Video Capture Error Message: Cannot Run Graph

Using replay video capture. 1 second after pressing record,
    an error comes up that says " cannot run graph" help.............
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 11-25-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Default replay video capture error

one second after pressing record an error comes up that says " cannot run graph" please help.

Please see if reinstalling the program will help you with this issue. Also, try and use a different audio for recording. If you continue to have a problem let us know. I'm moving this to Replay Video Capture also-as this is not an issue with AV. Thanks.

Default didnt work still

the audio test is ok , i just keep getting the errror when i try to record

Archery

Please do not make double posts on the same issue.

With regards to this issue, The "Cannot Run Graph" error is related to the version of DirectX installed on your machine. You need to have version 9 or higher installed in order to run Replay Video Capture. My recommendation would be to make sure you are running DirectX 9 (or 10 if your graphics card will support it) and that should take care of the problem.

Also, You might want to try uninstalling Replay Video Capture, restarting your computer and re-installing it. Usually this has to be done for it to realize that the proper version of DirectX has been installed.

Let me know how it goes. =)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Question yet another error

Jeff,
    First off I would have only posted one thread on the issue had it come up when I posted it. It wasnt there, so I posted again. I have taken your advice and downloaded directx 9, reinstalled the replay video capture program rebooted. I now get a different error, Cannot install screen cature filter. any more tricks up your sleeve?

If you haven't already contacted tech support please do so. We will see what we can do to get you up and running. Thanks.

Jeff,

I don't want to come across as a jerk, but I'm not really understanding the explanation.

I just got Replay Video Capture, and I'm getting the 'Cannot Run Graph' error. I'm running Vista Ultimate and I already have DirectX 10. In addition, I've played tons of videos in various formats and I play some of the most graphic intensive games, and I have never had a single problem.

It's only because of all of the above, that I don't believe something is wrong with my system and I can't understand "99.9% unresolvable" and "beyond our control".

If you disagree, I'd like to know and understand your reasoning. Again, this is just a friendly conversation. However, if the problem turns out to be truly "unresolvable" does that mean I get a refund? Because the program doesn't get past this error.