Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hooray replay radio 9

Default Re: hooray replay radio 9

Thanks. I have read through that and followed the instructions about adding soundrecorder.exe but I can't seem to get it to work. The way my system is set up, I do not hear the show through line in, although the bar graph is moving. That is how I want it. RAV 8 records it like that with no problem. With RR 9, I just get recorded silence. It's not a big deal, as long as RAV 8 can record in this manner, I will use that.

Hask

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Thanks. I thought that was what was meant but wanted to make sure. Please see this for information on that: https://replayradio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hi Cheryl,

Glad to see the return of Replay Radio!! A few questions:

- Will RR9 direct-capture iHeart streams?

- Can RR9 be used as a "scheduling tuner" to stream one show after another for listening but not recording? If so, can I import my current schedule from ReplayAV 8?

- If the above isn't possible, can RR9 be installed alongside ReplayA/V 8 so that I can keep my current schedule of non-recording streams running?

Thanks!

You are able to have both programs installed as they are different. Due to them being different you cannot transfer the schedule from one to the other. You are able to tune and not record if you wish. It is dependent on the
    station as to if you are able to audio or direct download the stream.

Thanks, Cheryl. So you're saying some station streams can't be direct-captured?

iHeart Radio has a stronghold on a huge number of Clear Channel and other stations across the country that I've found can't be direct-captured with Replay 8. The opening commercial is captured, then the stream disconnects. If that's also true of Replay 9 it means it has severely limited functionality right out of the box.

I was hoping the new Media Guide would provide direct links that would work for direct-capture. If not I don't understand the reason for paying for a subscription when all the normal links are easy to cut & paste into the program. Am I missing something? Can you elaborate?

Thanks

Our program does allow you to use either a direct download or an audio capture on a schedule. You are able to even capture two or more audio streams at the same time with the technology being used as they don't overlap.
    We work hard on improving and adding to the program all the time and being able to capture more than one at a time even using audio capture is a great feature so you don't miss all of your favorite streams. Give it a try if you haven't already to see how you like it and how easy it is to use. It works great on Podcasts also. Each stream is different and Replay Radio takes that into consideration.

OK, I'll give it a shot. If it can capture simultaneous audio streams that's pretty amazing! Capturing podcasts on a schedule seems like a real plus too. Thanks very much for your help!