Thread: Network Monitor Not Found

Default Network Monitor Not Found

Director says I have an up-to-date version of Replay Media Catcher 5 installed.

When I attempt to run it I get the warning message "A supported network monitor could not be found."

I then allow it to download WinPcap and get this message "WinPcap 4.1.3 is already installed on this machine." I allow it to "force" the installation and everything seems fine but Replay Media Catcher fails to capture anything.

Each time I launch Replay Media Catcher I go through the same exercise even after a reboot.

Ideals/help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Default Re: Network Monitor Not Found

Looks like you may have WinPcap installed but not running. Try running this and start this program at start up.

I have tried that and have actually gotten RMC to launch and "start" recording without the error message but it still will not record anything.

I noticed I had RMC 4 installed so I removed that, reinstalled the latest RMC 5, and after rebooting the error did not appear but RMC 5 will still not capture.

Got it to work. I know this isn't good troubleshooting but I uninstalled RMC5 & WinPcap, cleared my cache in Chrome, rebooted, tried reinstalling RMC5 and noticed that RMC5's installer believed WinPcap was still installed. I backed out of the installation, installed WinPcap alone, installed RMC5, and everything worked.

Hope this helps someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by danvm View Post
    Got it to work. I know this isn't good troubleshooting but I uninstalled RMC5 & WinPcap, cleared my cache in Chrome, rebooted, tried reinstalling RMC5 and noticed that RMC5's installer believed WinPcap was still installed. I backed out of the installation, installed WinPcap alone, installed RMC5, and everything worked.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Wonderful - thanks for sharing and glad you got it fixed!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I'm having the same problems. I installed RMC5 a month or so ago - I'm sure I've used it since and it worked OK, but I can't get it to work now. When I click on Start, I get the "A supported network monitor could not be found." error. If I let it install WinPCap, it seems to install, but RMC5 still doesn't capture.

If I try to install Applian Network Monitor from the Settings menu, it tells me 3.0.8.1 is already installed. If I try to uninstall it and reinstall, after re-booting, I still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    I'm having the same problems. I installed RMC5 a month or so ago - I'm sure I've used it since and it worked OK, but I can't get it to work now. When I click on Start, I get the "A supported network monitor could not be found." error. If I let it install WinPCap, it seems to install, but RMC5 still doesn't capture.

If I try to install Applian Network Monitor from the Settings menu, it tells me 3.0.8.1 is already installed. If I try to uninstall it and reinstall, after re-booting, I still get the same error.

Any ideas?
    Hi Alan,Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

Thanks kindly
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Will do - thanks!

Ah.

When filling in the support form, it suggested I look at: https://replaymediacatcher.zendesk.c...-not-be-found-

I followed those instructions and uninstalled RMC4, etc as it suggested and it is all working again - I suspect the problem started when I upgraded to Windows 8.1, as the link suggested might be a problem.

Many thanks!

Alan