Thread: Visibility of green marker box area indicators during recording?

Default Visibility of green marker box area indicators during recording?

The green marker box area indicators are visible before recording starts, but vanish after recording has started. From now on it is not possible to verify while recording if recording keeps recording the correct content. It could happen that the player window postion gets accidentally moved by unintentional user action.

Shouldn't "Show Markers" turn on/off display of green recording window boundaries indicators while recording?
    (Of course, without getting recorded!)
    There are other recorders which offer such an option.

Is there a solution for this in new RVC v7 ?

P.S.
    Can RVC v7 record to h.264 mp4 for best YouTube quality?

Default Re: Visibility of green marker box area indicators during recording?

The program is working as it is supposed to. Use the preview window if you are concerned about it moving. I have never had that happen, however. Thanks. It is a screen capture program and captures at an excellent quality what it sees on your computer.

Default Re: Visibility of green marker box area indicators during recording?

Thank you for your answer, though it does not serve my concerns.

I did not dispute that your screen capture program captures at an excellent quality what it sees on my computer. On the contrary, that is a reason why I use it! But I would like to have a control option to see that it keeps seeing what it should for many hours.

Take my questions as feature requests, please!

Same holds for these feature requests:
    More recording profiles, e.g.
    * recording as h.264 mp4 (YouTube mp4 HD profiles)
    * recording as DVD complient stream, but with unlimited size (not restricted to single layer DVD size), no 8 Mbps bitrate constraint. but offering non 1:1 DVD DAR, offering choice of interlaced or progressive (not resticted to interlaced). For example, option 16:9 PAL 720x576 (with DAR 1:1 720x576 is not 16:9 !) progressive 25fps or 50 fields per seconds interlaced and option 16:9 NTSC 640x480 interlaced... Why? To get DVD like (non 1:1) DAR and width x hight values without other DVD restrictions. Capture first, author DVD later! Capture a 5 hour event and author for big file (on harddisk) for watching with software player or for Blu-ray Disk or for distributing to 10+ DVD SL or ...

In short, more versatile capture options and more capture control options, please!