Thread: RMC5 - How Disable Association with Bit Torrent Files? (I use different Torrent Application)

Question RMC5 - How Disable Association with Bit Torrent Files? (I use different Torrent Application)

I prefer to use uTorrent for my Bit Torrent Downloads. Since installing RMC5, it automatically starts when I flag Bit Torrent Magnets. I want to use RMC5 for everything EXCEPT Bit Torrents. How do I deactivate BT association from RMC5?

Default Re: RMC5 - How Disable Association with Bit Torrent Files? (I use different Torrent Application)

OK, I just found the solution ... at least for using uTorrent. When RMC5 is installed, it automatically associates BT Magnet files to itself (without asking if the installer wants Bit Torrent files associated with it ... you need to fix that Applian!). Anyway, I had to open Settings within uTorrent, and re-associate Bit Torrent files to it. Now, when I click Bit Torrent Magnet files for download, uTorrent automatically starts as it should.

Hope this helps anyone else who has experienced the same issue.

Default Re: RMC5 - How Disable Association with Bit Torrent Files? (I use different Torrent Application)

Glad you found it, and thanks for sharing!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.