Thread: WHY IS REPLAY MEDIA 3 NOW TRYING TO UPDATE PLUGINS??

Default WHY IS REPLAY MEDIA 3 NOW TRYING TO UPDATE PLUGINS??

hii

for YEARS i have preferred using replay 3 because it captures streams better than all the newer versions imo, i also used the old plug in that came with it, the one that captured secure streams, the one YOU shipped with it....

now after all these years it is attempting to FORCE me to let it update to plugin_zrtmp.dll 5.3.6.9.... and we all know that if it updates it will no longer capture secure streams.....

so i do not WANT to let it update..... and i dont see how you can FORCE this update on me and i will appreciate it if you would explain why this is now happening????

Default Re: WHY IS REPLAY MEDIA 3 NOW TRYING TO UPDATE PLUGINS??

I have been having the same problem. I go round it by starting RMC before I go on to the internet or when the update message box appears, I disconnect my dsl lead and press Start. It will then attempt to update the plugin but will display an error message saying 'Failed'. I then reconnect my DSL Plugand RMC functions as before and records with no prlems so far.

We have not updated RMC 3 in over 3 years now - so I really have no idea why it'd be doing this. Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and mention this issue so our RMC queue can look into this further

http://applian.com/support.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

this has just started again... i thought i had got around it by disabling the plugins read and or write capability, but it just errors... ive just written a support ticket..if anyone has any other ideas in the meantime please tell me.