Thread: RMC5 not capturing BBC iplayer video (RMC4 works fine)

Default RMC5 not capturing BBC iplayer video (RMC4 works fine)

RMC5 not capturing BBC Iplayer video though does seem to be able to download Iplayer radio . The same streams can be downloaded without problems using RMC4 . Have upgraded to latest version 5 , having uninstalled previous version (though without getting rid of preferences) . Have also had problems with other sites . I have read some of the forum posts about the problem and the best advice for the moment is to return to RMC4 though I really like the new options on RMC5 . Any ideas ? Thanks .

Default Re: RMC5 not capturing BBC iplayer video (RMC4 works fine)

Any updates on this yet buddy? I'm thinking that the settings might be reset to default when the upgrade was done. Can you recall an extra setting that you have configured before?

Hey -

What bbc iplayer url are you having trouble with? Seem to download fine here and every quick.

- CRS

Hi ,
    This problem persists . Now I get a message : " Error on opening file:///C:/Program Files(x86)/Applian Director/iso-lat1.ent' The file C:/Program Files(x86)/Applian Director/iso-lat1.ent could not be found " I am using the latest version (5.0.1.19) . The problem arises for any iPlayer recording . Any suggestions ?

Hi again ,
    According to another post I found here , the problem with 'iso-lat1.ent' can be avoided by launching RMC5 directly rather than through the Applian framework . However , the problem has now taken on a new guise : downloading halts in a fraction of a second , no matter what method or protocol I choose . And please don't ask for an URL - it's every single video on the iPlayer site . I'm using the latest version (5.0.1.19) on Windows 7 .
    Thanks .

Hey folks - if you're STILL having issues with this, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

Our RMC team can get a feel for how many people this issue is occurring with, and (hopefully) make the necessary adjustments.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.