Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youtube trouble again.

Default Re: Youtube trouble again.

That's frustrating indeed. With mine I didn't change anything or do anything to cause it to stop working, it just doesn't anymore. The initial download of 5 worked fine, captured that youtube link I posted before. Then later in the week I start up 5 and it doesn't capture it anymore, even with the latest update. I'm sure it can get sorted out in time but until then I'm stuck. Youtube is the only place I use this program.

Quote Originally Posted by pparbo View Post
    Apart from the above advice on settings,
    BE AWARE the 'STOP/START' switch is BACK TO FRONT!!!
    Red STOP is really START.
    Green START is really STOP.
    So with the switch showing STOP, it records off Youtube OK!!
    Somethings for the Techs to Look at!!
    Hey -

It's not really how you describe.

Its a toggle switch just like you have on your phone.

When its the green "START" - that means you have to click it to start monitoring for downloads. Then when its red "STOP" - that means when you click it it will stop monitoring for downloads.

HTH

- CRS

Quote Originally Posted by lazareth View Post
    Let's see if Jeff responds to this thread first.

But yeah, I can't capture anything on youtube and its quite frustrating. I'd been using 4 for quite a while and enjoyed it, worked great. Really hoping somebody can help get this working again, especially after it started working again after paying for the upgrade and then having it stop again...sigh
    Hey -

You have been advised to contact support. Please do so - there is only so much that can be done on a forum.

- CRS

Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Hey -

You have been advised to contact support. Please do so - there is only so much that can be done on a forum.

- CRS
    With all due respect, and I appreciate your advise thus far which unfortunately hasn't worked, I do not know if you represent the company or not. If you do then ok, if not I was instructed by:

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

to provide him with a little more information about this issue which I have done so in my topic. Until he personally responds to the information I have given, and asks me to do something more, I will wait. He may very well instruct me to file some kind of official report like you've indicated to take this problem to the next level, which I would promptly agree to do. Thank you.

To update, I went ahead and submitted a tech support request. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited by lazareth; 07-08-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazareth View Post
    With all due respect, and I appreciate your advise thus far which unfortunately hasn't worked, I do not know if you represent the company or not. If you do then ok, if not I was instructed by:

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

to provide him with a little more information about this issue which I have done so in my topic. Until he personally responds to the information I have given, and asks me to do something more, I will wait. He may very well instruct me to file some kind of official report like you've indicated to take this problem to the next level, which I would promptly agree to do. Thank you.

To update, I went ahead and submitted a tech support request. Let's see what happens.
    Based on your situation, a support request would be the best option. I see that you've submitted one, thank you
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Thanks for getting back to me Jeff. I'll be keeping up with my emails for info on how to proceed with this issue.

Tried reinstalling again as per instruction, still not working. Is there a way to go back to version 5.0.0.97 to see if it starts working again that way? Been unable to get this program to function correctly for quite a while now, bummed. Hopeful more help from tech is on the way..

Sent my debug log over the weekend, hopeful for some kind of resolution soon. Its still not working and my frustration level with this situation is growing steadily...

Unhappy Re: Youtube trouble again.

Update:

I have been in touch with customer support concerning this issue for the past several weeks. They did a great job trying to resolve the issue but unfortunately a solution was never found.

RMC5 worked ok for about a week until the first update arrived, then it started having trouble. When I compare that to my RMC4 experience, which had worked nearly flawlessly for years on this same computer, I find myself very disappointed with the whole situation.

Glad to read that it works for some but I'm one of the customers that didn't get so lucky, and I'm not the only one having this particular problem.

Hopefully the bugs and kinks will get worked out over time and some new solutions will be found. For now RMC5 is just a neat little shortcut on my desktop that used to lead to something cool and useful, when it worked properly...