Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

When we have an issue that we can't solve we send it to the developer. He works on that particular issue and often we have another update to correct the problem. This is an example as we have a brand new update just this afternoon. Please give it a download and see if it corrects the problem you have been experiencing. Thanks.

If you still have an issue please contact us at tech support as we are there to help.

Default Media Splitter locking up for me as well...

Windows XP Pro SP 3
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
    2GB RAM
    Intel Q35 chipset
    KLM K-Lite mega codec pack
    WMP 9

...running trials of Replay AV8, Replay Converter, Replay Media Splitter.
    ...attempting to load a 1.4Mb WMV file, former RM9 file, downloaded with RAV8, converted with RC 3.37.

Symantec Endpoint Protection (tried both with it enabled and disabled... install was with it disabled)

I tried re-downloading and reinstalling it (just over the old version), and I'm having the same problem. As an above poster stated, I too had to kill RMS with the Task Manager.

~ Rosanne

Are you running the program with administrative rights? If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support as more information will be needed. Thanks.

Will do. Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Splitter worked fine just a few days ago. Tried it on the same media file and now it hangs. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded the very latest version a few minutes ago and it also hangs.

If you are not able to split the file and you are using the latest version please contact tech support as additional information will be needed. Also, do make sure to run the program with administrative rights.

Default Re: Ditto, Ditto and Ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by solsticeLS9 View Post
    I purchased the 'Suite' on 12-18-08. Splitter worked like a charm up until a couple of weeks ago. After choosing a file, it now locks up/freezes and one can't click anywhere inside the Splitter window just as the above posters have stated. Cursor resorts to the 'hourglass' while inside the Splitter window.

If I open and close another program on top of Splitter it leaves behind part of the closed program inside Splitters' window. In fact, before I began using the Task Manager, I couldn't even 'reboot' when clicking 'Restart'. You could only get rid of Splitter by manually turning off your 'puter. I tried closing the program in the task bar with a 'right click' and it gives a quick 'blink' and disappears. So, I too, can only close the program by ending the process in the Task Manager.

I then decided that what-the-hell, I'll try re-entering my activation code. Maybe that was the ticket! Well, sorry to say, this also failed as when clicking 'Help' to re-enter my code, not a thing happened; it's all inoperable. The window to enter your code wouldn't even open.

Now...we four can't be the only ones with this problem. I'll just bet there are many more users of 'Splitter' who are just waiting to see what pops up in this forum, but since 12/07/08, (the first post) there has been no fix. Is Applian following that bridge to nowhere?

I also jhave the same exact problem im still waiting for tech support to assist.

Default Re: Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

The developer is aware of this issue. It is difficult when it can't be duplicated. When we have a fix it will be posted. Thanks for your patience in this issue while it is being looked at and worked on.

I had the same issue and resolved it by going to applian folder in start menu and clicking on EnableDshowcodecs. Might help somebody.

Just purchased last nite and having exact same issue...unable to pull in files to edit.