Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

Default Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

The program starts fine, but after I choose a file to split, the program just freezes and nothing works. I can't even close the program without going to the Start Task Manager. Anyone have a fix for this problem?

Question splitter lockup

I'm having same problem. It was working real good and better then ever since I learned how to use it. now I select file after opening splitter it locks up. Hopefully it will work again. I did a defrag and reboot but still not work?.

Default RM Splitter hangs

I've been having the same problem since I got it several months ago. I tried tech support, but their suggestions haven't worked. Any other ideas?

Default Ditto, Ditto and Ditto...

I purchased the 'Suite' on 12-18-08. Splitter worked like a charm up until a couple of weeks ago. After choosing a file, it now locks up/freezes and one can't click anywhere inside the Splitter window just as the above posters have stated. Cursor resorts to the 'hourglass' while inside the Splitter window.

If I open and close another program on top of Splitter it leaves behind part of the closed program inside Splitters' window. In fact, before I began using the Task Manager, I couldn't even 'reboot' when clicking 'Restart'. You could only get rid of Splitter by manually turning off your 'puter. I tried closing the program in the task bar with a 'right click' and it gives a quick 'blink' and disappears. So, I too, can only close the program by ending the process in the Task Manager.

I then decided that what-the-hell, I'll try re-entering my activation code. Maybe that was the ticket! Well, sorry to say, this also failed as when clicking 'Help' to re-enter my code, not a thing happened; it's all inoperable. The window to enter your code wouldn't even open.

Now...we four can't be the only ones with this problem. I'll just bet there are many more users of 'Splitter' who are just waiting to see what pops up in this forum, but since 12/07/08, (the first post) there has been no fix. Is Applian following that bridge to nowhere?

If you have not updated to our latest version please do so. We posted it about two weeks ago and people have been very happy with it. give it a try and if you continue to have a problem let us know.

Default Splitter still locks up

me too!
    Used the splitter couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. Now everytime I try to open a file it just clocks. Converted files to avi and wmv. Nothing works

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    If you have not updated to our latest version please do so. We posted it about two weeks ago and people have been very happy with it. give it a try and if you continue to have a problem let us know.
    Update? UPDATE? C'mon now, Curly would've exclaimed, "Why, soitenly!" Of course, I have the current version of which you speak; Version 1.6.902.9. Am I unaware of anything more current than this? If so, I'm not worthy.

Since my previous post of 2/15, I've uninstalled/reinstalled countless times, cleaned my registry, (there wasn't anything wrong w/registry in the first place, except deleting Applian's stuff), reformatted, 'searched' and shredded my drive(s) of all Applian/Replay folders & files and THEN, when Splitter STILL wouldn't function properly, I finally wiped my drive(s) and did one of the best installs of my life. At this point, my 'puter couldn't have been more 'clean' than purchasing new. I then installed Splitter all by it's little lonely self without any other programs from their Suite.

Tension was mounting, my right hand was quivering as I finally worked up enough gall in my index finger to click 'Register' in 'Help' and you know what? The very first thing that happened was my hair began falling out in clumps as it again, still won't even let me register. Back to square one...or is it square two? Can someone do better than just suggesting a 'current version' update? I just love throwing money away. And I must be the only one with demons living in their 'puter. Yup! That's it! There they are now!

P.S. If jcm15032 read Cheryl's post and applied her suggestion, I would assume it hasn't anything to do with a current version.

(THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS SUBJECT.)
    All Have A Wonderful Day!
    Last edited by solsticeLS9; 02-18-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Default Splitter blues

For me the splitter only works in one out of ten times. Most of the time my output file is just a black screen. I also have trouble playing my trimmed section. Sometimes it plays most times it doesn't. After reading this forum I don't think I'm going to get much help from tech support. Just thought I would let you guys know you are not alone with splitter problems.

I gave Applian my e-mail addy hoping I would get some assistance with my problem, instead they sent me junk mail wanting me to promote their product. I have issues with the Splitter, I'm about to put warnings on my Web Site, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter.

I have to say that I am disappointed with the number of posted problems that are occurring with Replay Media Splitter. I myself have at present version 1.4.0.0 which, including all previous versions have responded to my needs without failure.

It may well be that this is because my uses are very simple, for I only use the Trimmer for extracting excerpts from a particular pre recorded ‘consumer problems’ radio program. Of course the radio programs are recorded via Replay AV.
    Admittedly it would be nice if the splitter slider could be devised to create a more smooth and precise start and stop facility.