Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

Default Re: Splitter Locks Up after choosing file

You may have an issue with user account control if you cannot drag and drop into splitter. To confirm, go to start/control panel/user accounts/change user account control settings/move slider to never notify, the see if you can drag and drop.

The developer is working on a new version of this and we hope to have it out in about two weeks. Hopefully it will correct this issue.

Hey I think I found a half way fix. If you use the "Applian Director command center" open it up. Then make sure that all the programs on the right listing have green check marks and are up to date. (Even if you don't use the program. because it might have an old DLL file the new update shares - not sure, so update all your programs. NEXT go ahead and restart you computer for good measure. Then I'm not sure how you were starting your Media Splitter before but this time start it from the "Applian Director Command Center" deck. BINGO - (maybe) this is a fix for you. It fixed mine.
    Hope it works for you.

tmoss

We have a brand new update that corrects many issues that have been mentioned. Please give the new version a try and I believe you will be happy. Make sure you uninstall and reboot first. Thanks.

Not long after I clipped a movie, I tried to open another file and that is when it locked up. I uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure I got the latest version and it still locked up when I tried to open a file. Anyways I let it load. It eventually loaded the file but it took around a minute or so. It also takes quite some time to save a file, even one that is less than 200 mb. Otherwise it still does the job for me. I don't know why this all started today because I opened and clipped files in the past few weeks with no problem whatsoever.

The larger the file the longer it takes to load. I generally do a fresh boot of my system prior to editing large files. See if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    The larger the file the longer it takes to load. I generally do a fresh boot of my system prior to editing large files. See if that makes a difference. Thanks.
    It definitely helped. I was able to clip a very large file that I couldn't clip yesterday, unfortuantely another problem popped up - no sound at all in the edited file.