Thread: RMC5 removed/deleted my downloads for no good reason. BEWARE!

Thumbs down RMC5 removed/deleted my downloads for no good reason. BEWARE!

I was just downloading a few files. I had my web browser, and RMC opened side by side. Then all of a sudden I thought I saw my download list shrink out of the corner of my eye as if items were removed. I thought I was just seeing things so I just continued on my way.

Then a couple of minutes later I see something happened out of the corner of my eye again, so this time i'm like "WTF is going on here."

Now, I count how many things are in the list. I had 4 things downloading, 4 things queued. Okay this time I will know for sure if something is going on.

Sure enough a couple minutes later 2 more items disappeared out of absolutely nowhere. I was down to only 6 downloads now!

Which reminds me: Much earlier yesterday I had about 20 things queued, along with several completed items in the list as well. I come back 2 hours laters and I could've sworn my download list window was a LOT longer. But now I know the sh*t that is happening.

This happened without warning. No beep, no error, no message box, no nothing. I checked my download folder, my newest downloads GONE. Searched my hard drives for them, nowhere to be seen.

Now I sit here wondering WTF else it deleted without my knowledge. This is seriously some bull crap. Somebody better have an explanation here.

Default Re: RMC5 removed/deleted my downloads for no good reason. BEWARE!

*Ahem* Never mind this false alarm! Well technically, what I ascribed is accurate, but there was a reason for it happening. Maybe i'll tell later

So users no longer need to beware then?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix?
    I've been having this same problem where DL's automatically disappear into *thin air* - but can't figure out what's causing it.
    thanks

Okay I will tell you how I fixed it and you probably must've did the same thing I did. In Settings > Internet > Monitor, simply make sure 'Min. Duration' is set to 0 seconds. This settings makes it auto-delete without warning any file you download that is lower than the length that you set here. So if you have it set to 60 seconds, a file that you downloaded that was only 30 seconds in length will have been automatically removed and deleted it when it was completed downloading. A setting of 0 seconds turns this setting off.

If this didn't help your problem then you have bigger issues.

Excellent! .... Thanks! It worked