Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

Default RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

Up until today I was using RMC4 without any problems in Windows 8. I also have RMC5 but after about 15-20 captures it pooped out forcing me to go back to RMC4.

After upgrading to the Windows 8.1 Preview neither v4 or v5 will work. Both claim that a driver failed to load. In RMC4's case it was the appliand driver.

I realize that pre-release OS's come with risks so I'm not blaming Applian. I only want them to know what happened, at least to me. In the meantime I sit here captured neutered.

Default Re: RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

Hey -

If you upgraded your OS then you have lost the driver that was installed with RMC 4, which would also have been used by RMC 5.

Uninstall both 4 and 5 if they are currently installed and reboot.

Install RMC 5 and select WinpCap as the network monitor at the installation screen.

HTH

- CRS

Thanks for the advise. I uninstalled both but the WinPCap driver uninstall did not work. After deleting WinPCap entries in the registry I installed the WinPcap_4_1_3.exe from Riverbed Technology. A new install of both RMC 4 & 5 got me 50% success. RMC4 again works like a charm, while RMC5 continues to just stand there oblivious to the streaming video. For now I'm happy to rely on RMC4 until Windows 8.1 gold is released or new updates to RMC5 fix the problem.

Hey -

What are your Settings > Internet > Monitor set to? RMC 5 can use either the the Network Monitor (Same driver as 4 uses) or WinPcap - select which one you want to use. With WinPcap you need to select the adapter you want monitored.

HTH

- CRS

I tried both WinPcap and Network Monitor. Neither worked. Under WinPcap I tested both the default Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection and Microsoft.

Hey -

Windows 8.1 preview is working fine here under both winpcap and network monitor. Lodge a support ticket with your debug log files as this is your setup.

1. Set Settings > Internet > Monitor to WinPcap and select your network card that internet traffic is being sent over
    2. Switch on Debug via Help > About > Support
    3. Start monitoring for downloads
    4. Go to youtube and try and download something
    5. Get the debug log files Help > About > Support and click Email losg to support

Now do the above again but this time at 1 select network monitor.

Attach both logs to your support ticket and reference this post.

Thanks

- CRS

I am also having no luck with media catcher 5 (unfortunately deleted Media 4 as part of this thread). It starts up without the error message now, but doesn't start any recordings.
    Replay Video Capture works ok, and media 5 converts those files, but a bit clunky.

Hello. I had the same problem, RMC 5 said the winpcap was missing, then when it tries to install winpcap, it says it was installed. A reboot made things worse, RMC 5 crashed on loading. I finally completely uninstalled RMC 5, INCLUDING checking the delete settings option. After reinstalling, it works fine for me.

Thanks for that. tried totally uninstalling and reinstall - still doesn't work.

Yeah, it is not working correctly for Youtube, just making a dozen small files. I'll be filing a support ticket.