Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

Default Re: RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

I'm not having much luck with v5 either since updating to Win8.1. It misses most of the streams -- just doesn't see them starting. It is worse using VPN connection.
    I'll be looking forward to a solution as well.

I've stuck wth Media Catcher 4.4.4 through thick and thin as it's what works for me.

So I was horrified after the epic of "upgrading" to Windows 8.1 (what WAS it doing for hours on end?) to find that Media Catcher no longer worked.

I reinstalled 4.4.4 (having very safely kept the installation file in a safe place). I rebooted. But still the required driver would not load.

So I took the above tip. Uninstalled it all. Rebooted. Reinstalled 4.4.4 and it worked. (I did not need to reboot after the install).

By the way, I'm finding Windows 8.1 take ages to boot compared to "good old" Windows 8.

The only annoyance is that I have lost the Media Player icon when it's pinned to the taskbar. I have unpinned and pinned it, but still no icon. I have also right clicked to change icon to the default. Again, to no effect.

Any ideas, please?

I'm the one who started this thread back in June. Windows 8.1 64-bit now up and running properly and a fresh install on RMC5 still does not record anything. So it's back to good old reliable v4.4.5.0.

I have created an error log as requested above, but 'emial to support' only produces a file on my desktop - it doesn't mail it, or give an email address to mail it to. What is the email address?
    Thanks

Hey -

Im all on 8.1 here with no issues and we have *,000's of users on 8.1. Winpcap and Applian Network Monitor should both work fine.

If your up for it lodge a support request and it will get to me and we can do some deeper diving into your particular windows 8 set-up and what might be causing issues and hopefully solve it.

HTH

- CRS

Thumbs down Re: RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Hey -

Im all on 8.1 here with no issues and we have *,000's of users on 8.1. Winpcap and Applian Network Monitor should both work fine.

HTH

- CRS
    Well lucky you !! You must be the ONLY one though to have it working on win8.1 !!!
    Since update from .19 to .24 its all over , RMC4 and RMC5 both dont work anymore !!!
    I tried deleting, reinstalling, installing network monitor .. all ending up in one and the same result.. TOTALLY NOTHING !!!

Unhappy Re: RMC4 and 5 on Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    Well lucky you !! You must be the ONLY one though to have it working on win8.1 !!!
    Since update from .19 to .24 its all over , RMC4 and RMC5 both dont work anymore !!!
    I tried deleting, reinstalling, installing network monitor .. all ending up in one and the same result.. TOTALLY NOTHING !!!
    +1 nothing working here with winpcap and network monitor causes streams to stop at random on win8.1

If you're having issues - please let our RMC know - I have windows 8.0 myself and do not have this issue.

Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Sure you do, you just aren't a heavy user. Almost a year later, 8.1 now and it's worse.

Here's an out of school tale, I started with a 'not-bought' v4 and liked it so much I bought v5 Suite. Yep, the whole works. Use RMC and Convert, the rest not so much. I never look back because I would kick things if I did. The cracked v4 kicked ass. V5 is borderline useless.

So, the main problem is the gui updating... the main screen. The first selection is fine, the second is fine, the third is ok, the fourth window starts to get buggy but is ok, 5 and on takes many minutes before it notices the feed and then not always plus you lose a couple of the earlier ones. Feed detection non existent many times. Now I have dual boot and when I pop back to 7 it is not as bad but the lagging is there sometimes. it's an RMC5 problem, I too wish I had a 4 around.

A very similar problem [very? IDENTICAL!!!] exists in Firefox running under Windows 8.1 Scrolling is useless, actions are shaky and buggy, items instructed for the program to do are often ignored. Folks Windows 8.1 is NOT Windows 7 with the Android desktop borrowed, it is a completely different program and without a rewrite your software is not compatible, not even close.

Chrome flies on 8.1 My 50mb connection tested at 53/53/65 over three tests, kudos to Rogers for delivering more speed than promised. Bandwidth is not the issue, the system runs very quickly and smoothly on programs optimized for 8 On programs with just an 8.1 added to the file title is sometimes is good, sometimes is bad. A large amount of software companies are not updating in my opinion.

When it connects and sees the stream RMC is perfect. File goes where I want it, quality is what I see on the original screen, everything good. It's just the GUI thats bugged up and that seems to slow the whole thing down.

I wonder if my v5 serial works on a 4? lol