Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Capturing YouTube with Replay Media Catcher? READ THIS!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Debbie McCormick Guest

Exclamation Trouble Capturing YouTube with Replay Media Catcher? READ THIS!

YouTube has recently changed their protocol: Its now an adaptive protocol and audio and video streams are separated!!

To successfully capture from YouTube, download the latest version of Replay Media Catcher (5.0.0.97) and ensure that Raw mode is set as the YouTube download method in settings > internet > http adv.

2013-06-25_12-13-38.jpg

Default Re: Trouble Capturing YouTube? READ THIS!

I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate- Service Pack 1 on an Alienware computer. When I try to use Replay Media Catcher 5 with a youtube it comes up as a 0 byte file. I have it set as Raw under Adv Http. It is capturing it as a .mp4 file though I would prefer a .flv file. Any advice?

Jerry

I'm having the same problem. I was just about to upgrade to the Replay Capture Suite but if Jerry can't capture using Replay Media Catcher 5 then there isn't much point. The software is also capturing in mp4 & then won't play. I'm also using Windows 7.

I have also tried WM Recorder & the recording facility of Real Player & they don't work either. The only software that's working is Replay Video Capture.

Christine

I had the same problem. Downloaded the latest version, 5.0.1.1 and it was fixed.

I own RMC 4.x. Why do I need to pay for an upgrade for a product that should be working? I'm not trying to be rude here, but customers shouldn't need to pay for an upgrade for their downloads to work that were previously working.

Quote Originally Posted by Neohlithical View Post
    I own RMC 4.x. Why do I need to pay for an upgrade for a product that should be working? I'm not trying to be rude here, but customers shouldn't need to pay for an upgrade for their downloads to work that were previously working.
    Youtube updated the way they stream their videos between 4 and 5 - we had to create a new version from scratch (more or less) to record from it. You'll notice RMC5 is a completely different program from RMC4, and works much better as well.

We're not forcing you to upgrade - you can keep RMC4 for other videos - and use RMC5 in DEMO mode for recording youtube videos - and if you like it you can upgrade (I believe the upgrade fee is $9.95 or so)

Download the DEMO of RMC5 here -
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Trouble Capturing YouTube with Replay Media Catcher? READ THIS!

I run Win 8.1 with 16 Gig Ram on a 64 bit OS. I just updated to RMC6 with a problem. When using DVR to record a Netflix movie, it appears to record fine but about 5 minutes into the video, the picture freezes but the audio continues to record. This is proved at playback as the video and audio plays fine to about 5 minutes then the picture freezes but the audio continues to play. I copied the file and loaded on a different puter and it does the same. Could I get some insight into what my problem is? Thanks!

please contact tech support with details regarding this issue. This is a new version of Media Catcher and we want to make sure we see all that is going on. Thanks.

Thanks Cheryl! Have submitted a ticket regarding same. Hopefully will have a resolution to report back soon. Wondering if others are having this same problem with the new version 6 (6.0.0.66) as me ? ? ?

Thumbs down Re: Trouble Capturing YouTube with Replay Media Catcher? READ THIS!

Upgraded to 6.0.0.066 a few moments ago and if I turn Replay Media Capture to AUTO ON I can no longer access Youttube videos. I tried various videos and get this message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.youtube.com. Peer's certificate has an invalid signature. (Error code: sec_error_bad_signature)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

If I turn AUTO OFF I can refesh the page and see the movie.

Using FF 35.0 on windows 7 64bit machine with 8G ram.

Also - can down load the same youtube video by going back to version 5.0.1.54

BTW: Where is the "About" button/tab in version 6? Must say I liked the previous versions user interface and color scheme much better. This tew-tone interface is not helpful.