Thread: Why is this program such a huge memory hog?

Default Why is this program such a huge memory hog?

And why does it have to be such one? Honestly, this is the biggest and most unefficient memory hog i've ever seen for a PC program. Liek cerealsly.

Typical usage - having it opened, downloaded just a few streams/small files and monitoring for about an hour, and it will have a virtual memory size of over 500 MB+, EASILY. Also, sometimes I leave it opened overnight, while not downloading anything at all, just sitting there monitoring nothing. When I wake up in the morning, I check RMC and no longer suprisingly, the interface slowed down to a snails pace. I have to close it and relaunch it to get it to respectable working order again.

And it's even worse when you put it on an older machine like my secondary PC. It will slow down your entire computer as it sucked out all the memory out of the system. I for sure then have to relaunch RMC, but that will take several minutes as your system tries to free back it's memory.

So, is there any plans to optimize this program to make it a bit easier on your system, or is it not possible due to the way it works?

Default Re: Why is this program such a huge memory hog?

You can choose the Safe Mode with Networking option, which loads the most basic files and drivers and the essential services and drivers for internet access. This is the option that I use all the time. Works a treat for me.