Thread: Media Catcher 5: how to capture Highest Quality Videos on Youtube?

Default Media Catcher 5: how to capture Highest Quality Videos on Youtube?

If I am starting a video on youtube it always starts on the lowest quality setting (although in the youtube settings I have specified to choose always the highest quality!).
    Media Catcher 5 is picking up that low quality. When I change the video to is highest settings, nothing changes on Media Catcher and it only captures the low quality video. I did not have a problem with that on media Catcher 4.

How can I get the videos captured in their highest quality?

Default Re: Media Catcher 5: how to capture Highest Quality Videos on Youtube?

I'm having the exact same problem.

With Media Capture 4, I had no problems. If it played in a low resolution, I could set it to the highest resolution and just delete the first, low-res capture. Then I discovered an add-on for Chrome, which automatically loaded the highest resolution video. Lovely, then I only got one copy of the Media Capture and in the best quality.

Now, with Media Caputure 5 (just upgraded yesterday) everything is in .flv and a low quality - regardless of playing youtube in its highest definition option.

Aha, figured it out! Slick on the settings icon (wheel with spokes), go to HTTP ADV. tab and then in the bottom box for You Tube you can select RAW and MP4.

Ok, did that and it worked!
    First part of videos is not captured though. Solved that by making it a manual download.