Thread: Replay Media Catcher 5 and MP4

Default Replay Media Catcher 5 and MP4

I have been a long time customer and whenever the upgrades are offered I usually pay the fee and upgrade.... Never had issues until now with RMC 5....

The biggest problem is that it splits all MP4 downloads into 2 different files. One for Video and one for Audio...

Is this happening to anyone else?

It is completely useless like this...

SBS

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 5 and MP4

Hi Simon, what's the file size here that you're trying to download? Are you downloading a VOB file perhaps? Try other tests downloads as I can't recall if A and V are split upon download.

I opened a record with support 3 weeks ago...They replied try reinstalling it... Some support...I tried that 3 times before opening a record. I replied to that email and have heard NOTHING....

This issue needs to be fixed...It is EVERY MP4 recorded from YouTube splits the sound from the video...

If you expect to ever see another dollar out me something needs to be done. I have been a 7 year paying customer

I have been having exactly the same problem for several weeks now. My solution is to use one of the "youtube downloader websites" (not sure if I'm allowed to put a link in but google will always help!). These sites download without any issues, just copy the video url in and you get several video options for download flv, mp4, webm etc. (strangely there are always more options available than the video itself has on the youtube site).

One thing I have noticed is that if you have RMC open and recording at the same time it will pick up on the stream and download it without any issues at all!!! If you want you can then cancel the download from the website and just let RMC continue to download. At least it will keep your library in order if you catalogue stuff that way.

If these websites can download ok I don't understand why there are issues with RMC?

I upgraded to Ver 5 a couple weeks ago. Since then, I have downloaded over 300 TV episodes from You-tube each greater than 20 minutes in length. (along with various short clips). Not one of them has split the audio/video and all have played just fine. Wish I could help, but would have to think it is a setting somewhere in the program? I know there are many & maybe I just got lucky! The program seems to download the highest quality version mp4 available of any video I start playing.
    Good luck.

I have noticed the same thing about video and audio being split. It's gotten so bad that I have to reboot the computer and go into command prompt just to manually remove the .mp4 files out of My Streaming Media folder. I have used Replay Media for years and never seen anything like this. Is there a patch or something that can fixed this problem. As it stands... I'm so tired of manually removing the MP4 files off my machine so my machine will run right so I might not use this software anymore.

Hey -

YouTube now stream audio and video in separate streams. Support for this new protocol has been in 5 for some time now. Upgrade to the latest of you havnt.

HTH

CRS

I have been an user of this wonderful products for years and upgraded it when ever the new upgrades came.
    I am totally frustrated with this rmc5. They ask us to install the network monitor etc..causes questions in my mind.
    I have paid money and now I cannot use either media catcher 4 or 5.
    The Tech Support sends you in circle.
    This is a sign of an Organization that will cease to exist..unless they do something about it.
    Apparently they are in no hurry.
    So long Applian

Quote Originally Posted by gksv View Post
    I have been an user of this wonderful products for years and upgraded it when ever the new upgrades came.
    I am totally frustrated with this rmc5. They ask us to install the network monitor etc..causes questions in my mind.
    I have paid money and now I cannot use either media catcher 4 or 5.
    The Tech Support sends you in circle.
    This is a sign of an Organization that will cease to exist..unless they do something about it.
    Apparently they are in no hurry.
    So long Applian
    Hi GKSV, you responded to a thread that has not been active for over a year. It might have been easier to open a new thread :-)

Anyways, was there something I can help you with?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.